Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fncyshwldncr4life
    Guest replied
    Ok, this is just my experience..the dress i paid 900 for plain.. elkhide, long fringe..etc..then i beaded it myself. Now if i was going to charge someone to fully bead a top, I wouldnt do it for less than 2000 bucks. ($$ that is, not deer). I would charge around $600 for fully beaded moccs and leggins. Crown, choker, hairties, earrings, etc.. I charge $1200 just to make a crown set, and that was with supplies fronted, but that was also for an extremely nice set, rhinestoned out and everything.. Tiger is right usually northern tradish dont wear crowns, but hey to each their own. Breastplate?.. depends on materials.. glass and bone, or plastic, makes a huge, and i mean HUGE difference. Youll probably play 5 times for glass and bone, its alot heavier than the plastic, but it is soooo much prettier than plastic. Belt, with the rest of your beadwork, a concho belt would suffice,, ( dont wanna overdo it now)..lol, alot of northern dont wear belts cuz the top would just cover it anyways, just depends on how you wanna do it. So I guess altogether your looking at around 4000
    dollars, just like STATE said, and thats just for the beading labor! After all its alot of work! ;)

If someone really did pay 10,000 for a dress than they have toooo much money and need to share some of that with us!! eyyyyy

Leave a comment:

• sioux_calf
    replied
    OMG!

HOLY COWS! man have the prices gone up, good thing i bead my own outfits, 4,000 bucks for a whole outfit, man if i paid that much i would want a built in air conditioner..lol:JawDrop

Leave a comment:

• Red_Passion49
    replied
    HOLAH!!!

10 grand!!! YIKES! Im jus gonna stick ot makin my own!!! Dang!

Leave a comment:

• Riverwoman
    Guest replied
    Oh my, I will have to convert that $4000 to canadian dollars, *whewf* should come out to about $6.000 or so*l* Dang will have to wait for a while.

PS I will have a crown, I have one in the mail. Thanks for the info all of you!

Leave a comment:

• Tigerlily
    replied
    crown?? you keep including that as part of the set but we (northern plains) don't wear crowns as part of our dance clothes
    STATE's price of $4000 seems fair, it is a lot of work

Leave a comment:

• STATE
    Guest replied
    I would not pay 40,000, I did pay 3000. For 40,000 it should come with it's own RV to travel in.LOL

Leave a comment:

• Riverwoman
    Guest replied
    So around $40000 US is the going rate for a full set? I mean beaded everything*hehe* Full yoke, moccs,leggings,crown,hairties,choker,earrings etc...

Dang! I would have to get a damned good job to be able to pay that...:p

Leave a comment:

• STATE
    Guest replied
    $4000 is the going rate. Anything over $7000 and you are paying a heck of a lot of money. I know alot of beadworkers will bead a top for you (northern) for $2000 and then the rest comes after. As for southern I paid $3000 for everything. The beadwork was the most expensive, but I made my money back on it easy. It's worth the investment because it will last forever, if you take good care of it.

Leave a comment:

• Riverwoman
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Selina
    What beading style did ya have in mind?
    Lane stitch?
    It's hadrd to say, but I heard someone talking about 10,000 USD for the dress and about 30,000 USD for the complete outfit.
    But, as I wrote above, I just heard this second hand.
    I really have no idea....
    :D :D :D
    I could see spending around $10,000 but that would have to be for the full set, $30,000 is just outrageous:o

And for the full $10,000 that would have to be the best there is!:) I mean in quality and workmanship.

Leave a comment:

• Selina
    replied
    What beading style did ya have in mind?
    Lane stitch?
    It's hadrd to say, but I heard someone talking about 10,000 USD for the dress and about 30,000 USD for the complete outfit.
    But, as I wrote above, I just heard this second hand.
    I really have no idea....
    :D :D :D

Leave a comment:

• Tsiniti
    replied
    :JawDrop I think it maight depend on where you get the pieces. Or if you got it all at once from the same person! Off the top of my head, I'd say close to a Thousand dollars! I've seen the dress, for $500, and I've seen the breastplate anywhere from $125 - $200 or more! I'm sure the dress could go for more, or less! Good Luck! We are slowely getting the matterials to make our own, but my daughter has yet to get her first deer, I think it's gonna take awhile on hers .....;)

Leave a comment:

• Riverwoman
    Guest started a topic Just Out Of Curiosity

Just Out Of Curiosity

Just out of curiosity, how much would it cost to purchase a full northern buckskin set?

I mean the dress, breastplate, belt, moccs,leggings,earrings,choker,crown, the whole works, and fully beaded?

Don't worry, I am not off my rocker, just asking!:p

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X