Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Need a little Advice..........HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard you can use baby powder
    '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,
    SOUTHERN STYOZ
    '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,

Comment

I also think it can be messy
      SOUTHERN STYOZ

Comment

I need a little Advice....THANKS MOM!!!

Originally posted by webscouter
        This is taken from Goliger Leather Co. http://www.goligerleather.com/

I haven't tried it but it may work for you. If you get brave and try it let us know how it works.

Hope this helps. Like I said I haven't tried it.
        My skirt of my buckskin dress was suffering from being outside in the dust. I think the chair I also used one weekend didn't help it either. The aluminum ones that fold up, seem to do a number on buckskin. I decided I really needed to clean it up. Before this I'd always used baby powder, chalk, or sandpaper. I asked the guy my family bought the hides from and he said use WOOLITE!!! I asked him if he was sure it worked and he told me he was....

It took me about 2 weeks to get the courage to try...HA!!! It didn't work now the skirt about 4 inches too short. I did this the 4th week of August, school was going to start in a day or two and what am I to do???

Thank goodness for my MOM!!! She finished another skirt for me this past week and I'll never do it again! Thanks MOM for all YOU have done for me. She made the dress when I was in my mid-20's and I'm still wearing it today at the great age of 47!

Stick with the other ideas mentioned here, watch out for the chair you use and I would avoid WATER and WOOLITE.

Comment

Originally posted by superndngyrl
          hey if anyone tries the washing thing be sure and post it!
          I have washed my "under dress". Had no choice but to get it clean... gawd! Talk about getting grey hair untill the wash was done Came out really wet, and had to let it fully dry. Fringe was none the worse, though not as "fluffy" as it once was. Just have to roll them in your hands, and they are almost as good as new. ( Underdress was cloth with buckskin fringe)

Comment

I use a mixture of uncooked instant grits and corn starch. It's messy, but worth it because the grits rub the dirt out and the starch whitens a little.

Comment

I always stick to white corn meal and chalk balls
              washing the leather can leave spots< from my experince
              Kogee K

Comment

from my experience i would stick with those little balls you get out of crazy crow
                blah blah blah....

Comment

The white cornmeal works really good. It is not as time consuming as the chalk balls and does not leave a chalky residue(did you ever have a buckskin dancer accidently brush by you and your are left with a white smudge?). There are times I have used the cornmeal and the baby powder(pure cornstarch) together. First I rubbed the buckskin down with the cornmeal and when I felt that it was clean enough then I used the mixture to whiten it and them brushed it clean. I have also used plastic "chore girls) to get the spots out. Lots of elbow work, but I wouldn't suggest the washing machine unless you have a whiteman tanned dress that can be washed. If it is brain tanned or smoked....get busy with the elbow work. My dress is elk hide and very sturdy to work with. I also have a deer skin dress and it is harder to work with because it is thinner. Good Luck!!
                  I am thankful for my grandparents, my parents, my brothers, my aunties and uncles, my children, my companion and all of those who influenced me to be strong and proud of being who I am and where I come from. Knowledge is power

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X