Any Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Info

Could any body give me any information on the History of Northern and/or Southern Buckskin dancing. It would be much appreciated. Thank you
    Last edited by _wuliechsin_; 04-14-2006, 07:29 PM.
    Dance hard like there is no tomrrow. Hoka!

Being Native American isn't JUST about blood. It is a Spiritual way of life.

"Tell me and I will listen, Show me and I will understand, Take me in and I will learn." -A Lakota proverb

“We need to start standing up to people who tell us ‘no,’ that we can’t do things in the way of our culture.” -Aloysius Dreaming Bear

Originally posted by master_wuliechsin
    Could any body give me any information on the History of Nothern and/or Southern Buckskin dancing. It would be much appreciated. Thank you

Women have been dancing in buckskins longer than men have been "Traditional Dancing" in gym shorts, four-foot triple rowed bustles and WWF warpaint.
    Last edited by WhoMe; 04-14-2006, 12:35 PM.
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

^LMAO
      Umm- thats a REALLY broad question, which might be why you didn't get many answers
      Traditional dancing as a whole is a big generalization. the dance varies from tribe to tribe as to why they wear or do certain things. Might try being more specific.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X