Cheyenne Wedding Dress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheyenne Wedding Dress

Were looking for a Cheyenne Wedding Dress ,You can get hold of me at [email protected]

Originally posted by RCountry
    Were looking for a Cheyenne Wedding Dress ,You can get hold of me at [email protected]

I asked some relatives of mine about a Cheyenne wedding dress. They didn't know what I was talking about?

Is there such a thing? Are there dresses made specifically for Cheyenne weddings?

Are you Cheyenne? N or S?

Why not commission someone to make a Cheyenne buckskin dress and use it?
    Last edited by WhoMe; 06-05-2006, 05:05 PM.
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe
      I asked some relatives of mine about a Cheyenne wedding dress. They didn't know what I was talking about?

Is there such a thing? Are there dresses made specifically for Cheyenne weddings?

Are you Cheyenne? N or S?

Why not commission someone to make a Cheyenne buckskin dress and use it?
      ^^Ditto^^ Did you mean a buckskin dress w/ traditional Cheyenne designs? If such is correct, WhoMe is right, Northern or Southern will make a difference.

My suggestion is to ask either family members or people w/in your community to assist in making your dress. When I got married, my momma, aunties, sisters, and gradmother all contributed to the dress. My dress contained both traditional N.Cheyenne and family designs; and I was really proud to wear it.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Blackbear
        T Dress
        by Blackbear
        You know.. I realized I don't know much about the T dress. Anyone, can you tell me a bit of the history about this dress? Where does it originate from, does it have any special representation? I always like the Tdress.. it looks comfy LOL! I'm not saying I want to go out and make one to dance in.....
        02-08-2006, 04:34 PM
      • Haliwa Indian Gal
        Is it Allowed!
        by Haliwa Indian Gal
        Hey Jingle Dancers,
        If I see a Jingle Dress I really like that is for sale on the internet,but doesn't look quite like I want it or not the perfect fit,and I print it out and get- say my aunt-to make it using the same concept and style but adding on and a different...
        01-07-2002, 08:54 PM
        Cree Ladies Wearing Cloth T Dress
        by Guest
        Forgive my ignorance in advance:p I would like to know if Cree Ladies wear T dresses on the powwow cicrcut. I have no one to ask about my hertiage as my family does not follow that path:( Are they worn without fringe on the arm? Silly question I know, mean the long arm fringe. I did once have an...
        02-10-2003, 11:42 PM
      • Mahekun-Ikwe
        Need help with buckskin dress pattern
        by Mahekun-Ikwe
        I'm finally ready to make my buckskin regalia but I'm having trouble finding a suitable pattern. Is there a pattern that exists that would allow me to easily make the dress bigger/smaller in case I were to lose or gain weight? I'm afraid of making my regalia only to have it eventually not fit me any...
        07-30-2007, 09:58 AM
      • just_kitty
        traditional choctaw dress
        by just_kitty
        I've been trying to find a pattern for a traditional choctaw woman's dress - anyone out there have a good source?

thanks
        kitty
        09-24-2006, 04:30 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X