Apache Dancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apache Dancing

Hi, can anyone help me on the type of dances Apache women perform?
    Thank you
    Ginger

i know they perforn the rainbow dance, not really that often but they participate in a lot of the ceremonies
    ushoo' udish dee'

Comment

aye nern, (over the) rainbow woman. :blow:
      Apache jump on it, jump on it, jump on it!!!!!

"Insert words of wisdom here"

Comment

i am curious too, if i want to dance competition what style should i dance if i am apache?

Comment

I don't know too much about Apache ceremonies but I'm pretty sure that it is a coming out ceremony which has nothing to do with contests. It is better you partake in Northern or Southern categories if you want to compete. You shouldn't be asking on the internet (dead static) about Apache ceremonies, go to your elders and see what direction they point you to.

Comment

Thank you for the advice

Comment

Yeah, like the ceremonies? Or just the dances that can be performed in public...like the previous responses...rainbow dance.
              '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,
              SOUTHERN STYOZ
              '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,

Comment

competion and just for fun dances..

Comment

Desiree,

The puberty rites ceremony is one of the most important parts of a traditional Apache woman's life.

I have been honored to be a part of one of these ceremonies from beginning to end. I won't share on the internet how special it is. But I will just say a young girl receives her Apache buckskin dress and feathers after successfully completing the ceremony.

I know Mescalero and Jicarilla Apache ladys who wear their Apache buckskins at powwows. (neither competes in their dresses).

I hope this is helpful.
                  Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

that is the hardest part, apaches often do not enter contests and a lot of the dances are demonstrational and mnot powwow. My girls really want to dance and i want it to be acceptable but i guess not traditional. Do you think Fancy shawl would be okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Desiree
                      ...My girls really want to dance and i want it to be acceptable but i guess not traditional. Do you think Fancy shawl would be okay?

Desiree,

Fancy Shawl Dancing is the most contemporary and intertribal of all women's categories at a powwow.

This would be an excellent category choice to start out your daughters in.
                      Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

ya

yea but to ttell the truth all dances are all equal to one only thing that matters is how you dance !! thats the only thing that changes the dances but all of you have a point

~~~~~!~!~!~apache pride thats how we ride~!~!~!~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by mad_creative_native
                          yea but to ttell the truth all dances are all equal to one only thing that matters is how you dance !! thats the only thing that changes the dances but all of you have a point

~~~~~!~!~!~apache pride thats how we ride~!~!~!~~~~~
                          All dances are not equal for some dances are not available for the general population.

Comment

yes true but i was just try'in to prove a point but you have proven me wrong so i will show respest wit you !!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_creative_native
                              yes true but i was just try'in to prove a point but you have proven me wrong so i will show respest wit you !!
                              You weren't wrong, just off the beaten path, lol.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X