Does Anyone Know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Know...

I went to Wildhorse Pow Wow in Pendleton, and I seen this woman with a shortfringe dress that had a red cape over it. She had her entire outfit of beaded roses, even her fan had beaded roses. Her outfit was just beautiful...left me in Awe that someone could spend so much time doing such an detailed design. When I later seen her at Julyamsh, she was wearing another fully beaded outfit that was blue! How Many Outfits doesn this woman have?! She's My Idol!!! Who Is She? Does Anyone Know?!

Sounds very nice. Sounds like someone from one of the tribes that border on the Oregon Washington or Idaho states.
    My grandparents people up that way are Yakama, Wasco, Umatilla and Nez Perce and you'll find alot of short fringe traditional outfits like that especially on the older women. How old was this woman?

Comment

She looked like just a kid! Barely out of highschool, if she's even grauated! She had beautiful regalia! Put together just perfect...it stood out from all the others. I've seen shortfringe dresses that were beaded, but I never seen anyone put a cape over the top of it...does this have a different meaning? When I seen her, she was walking with, who I'm assuming to be her significant other to the grand entry, he also had just beautiful beadwork!!! If she did both of their beadwork, they looked just perfect!!! His beadwork was a different color, but his shirt/pants for his grass outfit almost matched her...if that' what they was going for, they looked perfect!!!

Comment

Wow, that sounds like an awsome outfit, maybe someone will know who she is and can point the way to where some pics are of her.
        The look on a baby's face the first time they hear the drum is priceless.......

Comment

She maybe a current or past princess. I think I know who you are talking about though because I also saw them at Julyamsh and thought the same think.....wow what gorgeous beadwork!!! I would love to see more pics of her as well. I wonder if she does her own beadwork or if it is done by family. Has anyone seen a white background with red roses beaded buckskin dress for sale at a booth at Julyamsh or other WASHINGTON area powwows? The lady that made it is a friend of mine. Every piece matches!!! The cape, armbands, belt, leggins, mocs, barrette, everything!!! She said it took her 5 years to make! She does alot of beadwork for princess regalias too.

Comment

Well, the search is still on. I have actually found out that she is a member of the "Spino" family...out of Oregon area...SO...I'm almost there. I had actually heard she was like a rodeo princess or something like that. So...you may be right...

Comment

Wow, I'm surprised she hasnt spotted this thread yet. She hangs out on here too!...LOL. Come on out KERI!!! WHEH U IZ?!?!?...lol.
              "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

Originally posted by Dat1NdnGuy View Post
                Wow, I'm surprised she hasnt spotted this thread yet. She hangs out on here too!...LOL. Come on out KERI!!! WHEH U IZ?!?!?...lol.

HAHA...dang!!! I didn't even know y'all was lookin for me!!! HAHAHA...But anyways, that outfit with the roses is my moms outfit. I'm borrowing it for the time being...until I finish my stuff...but yeah...KEWL!!!
                HOWDY HOWDY HOWDY!!! LONG TIME NO SEE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by swt_tradish_dancr View Post
                  She looked like just a kid! Barely out of highschool, if she's even grauated! She had beautiful regalia! Put together just perfect...it stood out from all the others. I've seen shortfringe dresses that were beaded, but I never seen anyone put a cape over the top of it...does this have a different meaning? When I seen her, she was walking with, who I'm assuming to be her significant other to the grand entry, he also had just beautiful beadwork!!! If she did both of their beadwork, they looked just perfect!!! His beadwork was a different color, but his shirt/pants for his grass outfit almost matched her...if that' what they was going for, they looked perfect!!!
                  Well I guess you should take that as a compliment, he thinks your still in high school:)

Comment

Shweet!!! HAHA...Here I'm on the count down to the big 2-1. But I was actually a Happy Canyon Princess for the Pendleton Round-Up...but that wasn't for the Rodeo...haha...but kewl...this swt_tradish_dancr did their research...haha.

Oh yeah...and my boyfriend does his own beadwork/sewing.

Comment

pppssstttt

Be careful! I think u have a stalker!.... just teasin!
                      "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

haha...crazy guy! So...who is this swt_tradish_dancr? I'm curious now...

Comment

Sorry Lilbigwoman!!! I didn't mean to freak you out or anything!!! I just LOVE your outfits!!! They are sooo beautiful!!! OMG!!! So, you do your own beadwork? Do you take orders? I want to have a fully beaded outfit, something simple, but flashy. Do you know anyone or would you consider taking an order? I just love the way you have everything put together. Your Boyfriend does beautiful work...especially his sewing. His grass outfits are just georgous!!! He definately stands out from the crowd. You both look just perfect together...

Comment

Dang, girl! Now you're a celebrity! Can I still talk to ya, LOL?

I was planning on commenting on your really awesome avi pic you put up - you and your man make a very attractive couple!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthofAda View Post
                              Dang, girl! Now you're a celebrity! Can I still talk to ya, LOL?

I was planning on commenting on your really awesome avi pic you put up - you and your man make a very attractive couple!
                              *Graces Room With Presence* Yes N.of Ada, you can still talk to me...might have to charge ya for them autographs tho...JKS!!! Thank you for the complement...it's funny, when we went to that pow wow...everyone thought we was going for the whole "matching outfit look"...that was a complete coincidence...HAHA.

Umm...Swt_tradish_dancr, I'm not up for taking orders. I'm getting ready to start a new set...so WATCH OUT!!! So, sorry. Maybe if you ask around, maybe you could work sutm out with some of the people around here...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X