No announcement yet.

Buckskin designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to be able to make my own dress, and I commend you for wanting to learn. I've seen some patterns on how it's done, and I would not mind trying, but I would want some practice first. My daughter will be 1 year old at the end of the month. What I would like to do is make her a buckskin dress. I know it's easier to do when you're making a very small dress, so I suppose this is a good time as any to learn how to make a dress, but I am hesitant about cutting out the pieces for it. I wouldn't be able to tan or anything, so I would have to look for people who could tan and prepare it for sewing. Any suggestions?

Good luck, Cherokeemom!
    Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

Hiya Ac! for a little gal it wouldnt be to much to buy some hides for her dress, she of course woudlnt need near as many as us big girls. I love seeing lil girls is white buckskin dress's all decked out in beadwork .
      I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Plumes View Post
        I wanna know how you made you designs? did you use a comeputer? looks cool. And also where on ebay is teh beadwork mentioned? I have a horrible time working my way arounf e-bay bt always hear of alot of nice beadwork and dance outfits on there.
        I use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to make my designs. It's great because I just design it then lay the material on the screen and trace it lightly. Of course it only works if you bead on something semi-translucent. I use interfacing so it works nicely. I have access to a clipart library so I use that clipart to do my basic designs.

If anyone out there needs designs, I would be happy to create them on the computer and e-mail the images to you.

As far as ebay goes, if you do a search for native american dance outfits, regalia, native american dress, buckskin dress, native american beaded, etc. you can find lots of stuff but you have to be careful. Sometimes you can find really good deals. I bought my little girl a buckskin dress with leggings for $20. And I found a tear dress that couldn't have been made to fit me any better for $35.

Comment

Ive been tring to do a nice tipi desgn but cant draw to save my soal

Comment

Finished my earrings

Yay! I got my earrings done and am working on my other hair tie. Not the best I've done, but they're alright. Maybe by the time I actually get my hides, I'll have the beadwork done.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ive been tring to do a nice tipi desgn but cant draw to save my soal
              Tell me about it! I can't draw worth anything. It kills me because my uncle can do beautiful paintings like these.
              Attached Files

Comment

Those are awesome! are you familiar with photobuckt? there a pic titled morning peyote on there and in that piece theres the type of tipi design I like.

Comment

If you send me a link to it and kind of tell me what you want, I'd be happy to do some designs for you. I can do individual piece designs (hair ties, etc.) or just do a few basic designs that you can work into pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by cherokeemom06 View Post
                    If you send me a link to it and kind of tell me what you want, I'd be happy to do some designs for you. I can do individual piece designs (hair ties, etc.) or just do a few basic designs that you can work into pieces.
                    im a computer dummy sorry dont know how to do links, i just type in photobucket and it takes me there. sorry

Comment

Is this it?

Comment

Originally posted by cherokeemom06 View Post

Is this it?
                        yeah I love that tipi

Comment

yeah I love that tipi
                          If you let me know what colors and stuff and what other designs you want incorporated, I can do you some designs and send them to you. I don't mind one bit!

Comment

OK ya'll just wanna let you kow Cherokeemom made some awesome designs for me! She knows her stuff. Forever thank-you!

Comment

If anyone else needs any designs, I don't mind doing some!!!!

Comment

My hubby got rained out today so he is playing witht he printer/copier tring to size my designs. This set keeps getting bigger lol now ive got a crown in mind!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X