Mine Almost Done Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine Almost Done Too!

Here is a picture of the "cloth top" buckskin style dress. Still needs fringe for the arms, and will have the accessories that are in the next post.
    Attached Files

Your dress is pretty! Will be a nice feeling to wear new outfits onto the dance floor. Good for you! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Kakeeya
      Your dress is pretty! Will be a nice feeling to wear new outfits onto the dance floor. Good for you! :)
      Thanks for the compliments, but the real thumbs up should go to this great lady http://www.littlcrowtradingpost.com

I will have the "coming out" and a very small giveaway at the Chase BC powwow which is listed on the calender of this site.

PS can't wait to see the arm fringe, was told it will take aleast three deerhides to do it:)

Comment

The dress is still pretty and you can learn from it so you can do your own in the future. That will be nice to have the fringe on it, always has a nice sway when you dance. I make a lot of buckskin clothes and know that you will have a lot of cutting to do, are you ready for that step? I need to replace the fringe on a dress and am not looking forward to shelling out the bucks for it, but has to be done every once in a while.
        Many prayers and good thoughts for you as you join into the circle! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Kakeeya
          The dress is still pretty and you can learn from it so you can do your own in the future. That will be nice to have the fringe on it, always has a nice sway when you dance. I make a lot of buckskin clothes and know that you will have a lot of cutting to do, are you ready for that step? I need to replace the fringe on a dress and am not looking forward to shelling out the bucks for it, but has to be done every once in a while.
          Many prayers and good thoughts for you as you join into the circle! :)

I did not make the dress, it was a custom order for myself done by Janet Littlecrow, in Red Rock Oklahoma. I am very much looking forward to the first powwow I will wear it at:) Thanks for your kind words!

Comment

Hey, I know Janet
            She does great work. I hope all are fortunate enough to run into her at some powwows. When she gets ahead , you can catch her with ready to wear items too! Glad you will be joining the arena. Hope you have as many years and powwow miles as we do. Best Wishes to you and your travels-- Cauy Lee Fish

Comment

Your dress is gorgeous! She did a wonderful job.
              What colors are your beadwork?

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline
                Your dress is gorgeous! She did a wonderful job.
                What colors are your beadwork?
                Thanks for the compliments, but the real thumbs up should go to Janet, who made it. The bead work is basically same colors on the dress:)

Comment

Originally posted by Tahemet
                  Thanks for the compliments, but the real thumbs up should go to Janet, who made it. The bead work is basically same colors on the dress:)
                  Here is another almost done picture, side of the dress with arm fringe.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.