No announcement yet.

Who wears the crown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who wants to wear a crown can wear one now. I don't really contest, but I have two contemporary-looking (as opposed to one I have which really looks ol'school :D) Kiowa buckskins I can wear a crown with. I have one, but only because I needed it when I was a princess. Now, I wouldn't feel bad about wearing it, I just really don't want to.

So here's a question. If your dress is really old and tradish-looking, a crown may not look so hot with it. Try a smaller beaded strip instead. They're much more comfortable, cheaper, and they're getting more popular, at least here in Oklahoma. Besides that, you can make more than one of them per outfit. A lot of girls who used to wear the big sparkly crowns got the beaded bands to coordinate with their beadwork and actually use them more frequently. It's just a matter of taste in accesorizing anymore.

:)

Comment

Thanks Miss_Kiowa I think I like the beaded band much better. I don't think the crown with this buckskin dress would look good. I'll try that and see how it looks.

Comment

No problema! I hope it turns out nice! :)

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X