Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many for yoke?

So Peeps,

Can anyone tell me how many bags of beads (size 10 cut) it would take to make a fully beaded yoke?
    www.myspace.com/dakota_giftedgal

When I made mine I ordered bulk (by the half kilo) This way I was sure that all my beads were the same colour because different dye batches create slightly different shades. I think I ordered 3.5 kilos, 2 kilos being my background colour, which was white. I had left overs of my other colours, but at least they all matched. I ordered from my local bead store. I am lucky that I have a great bead store here in town, she let me order at cost.

Comment

SuzzeQ4's numbers sound perty accurate. I usually order enough for everything (yoke, leggings, mocs, whatnot) all at the same time, just to be sure I don't have trouble matching colors later on. Running out is a bad situation! I almost always use size 11's, and with those, an outfit usually takes about 4-5 bags (1/2 kilo each) for the background. Plus, the equivalent of a couple more bags for the designs. I'm not real sure about the 10's, but I wouldn't think they would be a whole lot different.

Comment

My yoke required right around 3 kilos altogether though I did wind up with some leftover. These were 12/o however.

To get a more accurate idea, you'll have to do some measuring and whip out the calculator. Find out the area of your yoke, in square inches. For Czech size 10's, one hank will cover about 24 square inches. A kilo of 10/o will have around 20 hanks in it.
        Last edited by Czechy; 11-25-2008, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Traditional Rally
          How to figure how many beads. Please!
          by Traditional Rally
          I've been planning a full Mens tradish outfit for myself for about a year now. All of my patterns are on backing and I plan to mass order my beads for the sake of matching. Now I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW MANY HANKS TO ORDER. I am in great need of some "Old Indian Tricks". I plan to use size 11s...
          12-19-2006, 08:34 PM
        • scottlollar
          Beadwork for a vest
          by scottlollar
          I have this great idea for the back of a Men's Northern Traditional style vest. However, I am not certain how to carry the beadig over to the front. I have a large 'picture' that I will be putting on the back - it involves the Marine Corps Emblem. But I don't want the front to be bare or plain. ...
          06-27-2003, 04:34 PM
        • randyinkc
          Vest help
          by randyinkc
          I'm working on my first beaded vest. Its for me in an adult large men's size. My question is that I am starting to worry that I may not have enough of my background color to finish the thing. I am using 12s on the background. The vest is lazy stitch and I am using 8 beads a stitch to give you an...
          12-10-2002, 12:27 PM
        • Hamitta Malancha
          Teaching youth to bead
          by Hamitta Malancha
          I have been involved in many youth camps over the years. There have been attempts by a few instructors to teach beading. I thought the classes were unsuccessful. While I have only beaded a few pieces in my lifetime to get by with my regalia I am good with children. I am thinking it would be best to...
          07-21-2017, 12:06 AM
        • John8Food
          Bead Counts
          by John8Food
          Hey can anyone give me a general idea of beadcounts for any of the following items? (all are lazy-stitch)

1) Vest
          2) Aprons
          3) Side Tabs
          4) Belt
          5) Wrist Cuffs
          6) Knee Bands
          7) Spreader

Also what is the piece that John Butler has...
          06-07-2004, 11:25 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X