Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many for yoke?

So Peeps,

Can anyone tell me how many bags of beads (size 10 cut) it would take to make a fully beaded yoke?
    www.myspace.com/dakota_giftedgal

When I made mine I ordered bulk (by the half kilo) This way I was sure that all my beads were the same colour because different dye batches create slightly different shades. I think I ordered 3.5 kilos, 2 kilos being my background colour, which was white. I had left overs of my other colours, but at least they all matched. I ordered from my local bead store. I am lucky that I have a great bead store here in town, she let me order at cost.

Comment

SuzzeQ4's numbers sound perty accurate. I usually order enough for everything (yoke, leggings, mocs, whatnot) all at the same time, just to be sure I don't have trouble matching colors later on. Running out is a bad situation! I almost always use size 11's, and with those, an outfit usually takes about 4-5 bags (1/2 kilo each) for the background. Plus, the equivalent of a couple more bags for the designs. I'm not real sure about the 10's, but I wouldn't think they would be a whole lot different.

Comment

My yoke required right around 3 kilos altogether though I did wind up with some leftover. These were 12/o however.

To get a more accurate idea, you'll have to do some measuring and whip out the calculator. Find out the area of your yoke, in square inches. For Czech size 10's, one hank will cover about 24 square inches. A kilo of 10/o will have around 20 hanks in it.
        Last edited by Czechy; 11-25-2008, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

• mamuthu
          Lost love spells Marriage rules +27780802727 save your relationship
          by mamuthu
          Alicia Leonard Z├╝rich Switzerland
          Good day everybody, I am out here to spread this good news to the entire world on how I got my exhusband back. It all started when my husband cheated on me with another woman, unknowing to him that the woman is a not good person, the woman use rituals on my husband
          Today, 05:20 AM
        • Kakeeya
          Women's Traditional Southern Round dance
          by Kakeeya
          I've been to a few powwows lately and have noticed that when the Women Southern traditional do their round dances, they have two very different styles of dancing. I have always seen the ladies dancing the slow graceful "walk" style and they bow their heads down. Lately I have been seeing...
          08-28-2003, 08:29 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X