purses - creative outlet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purses - creative outlet?

so does the beadwork on your purse match the rest of your beadwork, similar to the rest of your beadwork or do you do something totaly different?

Typically the beadwork on my purse is similar to my other beadwork, but i mix it up a bit. This time all my beadwork is very geometric but the purse I am making is totaly different. It's a picture of a Mom holding her baby in a cradleboard. When all our beadwork matches the purse tends to be the one piece (if any) that differs. Likewise for Men and their tabacco bags. Are these our creative outlets, the place where we try something different? Just thinking.

Traditional dancer, my background color is black. It all matches, but the tobacco bag/purse is totally different. That is because my good friend gave it to me, He said I made this for you. Green background but proud to carry it.

Comment

Well I have to admit my tobacco bag is with a soft matt mauve, no black background with this one! The rest of the pattern is in glossy beads. Geometric as well.
      Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
      Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

Normally, I make a matching purse for each beadwork set. But I do have one odd bag that I sometimes use with one of my sets, you know just for variety's sake.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• sebooneyboy
          beadwork designs
          by sebooneyboy
          is it ok to do lazy stitch for a tradish set without copyin geometrical designs? is it ok to do a kind of okla. type of beadwork with animals and other types of designs or is it better to modify geometrical designs?
          03-02-2004, 06:36 PM
        • Suzizila
          a beadwork sampler
          by Suzizila
          Has anyone around here ever made a beadwork sampler? I am thinking about doing something like that to try out new designs. This idea is coming from the July/August 1998 issue of PieceWork magazine in which they cover several things like beadwork, quillwork, baskets, quilting, making dolls, and other...
          02-07-2004, 02:11 PM
        • Suzizila
          Jesus Beadwork
          by Suzizila
          I was just wondering how common is it today that people express their religious faith in beads? Not too long ago, I came across a beautiful bag with Jesus walking on water. (Unfortunately, the reserve on this bag was out of my range.)

I've had designs going through my head based on Christian...
          04-21-2004, 11:28 AM
        • TallmanFL
          Long Term Effects of Backing Beadwork
          by TallmanFL
          I have seen many others that have dopne their beadwork on index cards and even paper? I have always used canvas and have usually used interfacing behind that.

My question is has anyone had any long term problems with beadwork done on index cards or paper? Does the beadwork fall apart?...
          07-16-2006, 05:25 PM
        • Suzizila
          raised beadwork
          by Suzizila
          Has anyone ever seen raised beadwork on anything other than whimsies and glenngary(sp?) hats? I'm thinking of attempting to do some for a beaded set I want to work on. How well do you think it would last on leggings and a vest? Am I right in thinking that it is a row (line) of beads covered with...
          06-08-2004, 05:37 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X