Which type of hide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which type of hide?

Is best?? Elk? do ya's think that is too heavy or ideal?

Mine is made out of Deer hide...
    '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,
    SOUTHERN STYOZ
    '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,

Comment

Is it really hot? Do you have the long fringe that hang down? Do you use deer for that too?

Comment

hides.......

Alrighty, this is just my opinion...but I think that elk is ideal. It looks really really pretty. I'm not to sure how heavy it is or how hot is of course, but I know a few ladies that have elk, and it looks SO purty...:)
        "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

Arrright Dat1, if you say it looks purty, then I'll feel relieved since that is what I got.... (elk). It feels really heavy, but it does look very very nice. Elk could be used for the top part too eh? The snapping fringes part?
          :D

Comment

I have white deerhide on mine, with the long fringe WAY down. Cloth top and bottom with buckskin fringe.

Comment

yeah...mine is deer, and so is the fringes. My family recommended it because it is light and I am a small gurl. So I guess it depends on what you want or what you think is best!
              SOUTHERN STYOZ

Comment

mine is elk ..real nice ..yeah its heavy but seems to breath real nice . I have never gotten over heated in it . Long fringe had to cut some down cuz i must be shrinking lol dont like it to drag da ground. It has such a nice flow to the fringe just seems to wanna dance all on its own.
                Better known an loved as Men~Nie Turtles !
                Life is what you make it. Becareful what you give . You just might get it back!

Comment

Kool....

Originally posted by ~*ReZeBel*~
                  Arrright Dat1, if you say it looks purty, then I'll feel relieved since that is what I got.... (elk). It feels really heavy, but it does look very very nice. Elk could be used for the top part too eh? The snapping fringes part?
                  :D

Sho' Nuff! :Thumbs :Thumbs :Thumbs
                  "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

Well Im'a big tall girl, so don't have to worry about all that. lol. I might have to sew extensions on my fringe. Just kidding, I'M NOT THAT tall lol.

Comment

Kewl beans Rezebel... your goin' tradish? Let's see who gets done on their beading first.. eee.. jks...

Ya prolly wouldn't want any hide that's too light... it blows alllll over when ur dancing outside on a windy day. But nothin' too heavy that ur shoulders droop down... and ur using all ur energy just to stay up. :p Anyhow... Elk should be really purdee! :Thumbs
                      ~* Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to *~

Comment

Type of hide

Doe.
                        "come on dale". J.J..

Comment

Yeh MissNish, you and Dat1 can take turns beading my top, should have it by time I'm 50 eh??:p

Comment

yeah really huh.. I started beading mine this summer. BUT then all other stuff came up. This winter.. I'll get it done. I will. Maybe I'll even come to AZ to bust it out.. ayee.. lol.. I wish.

Yeah.. I'll do the designs... and dat1 could fill it in. and then u can do the filling in for mine.. what about mocs?.. I got one side done.. LOL.. but I'm stuck on how to sew on the soles.
                            ~* Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to *~

Comment

Let's just have Dat1 do it all!:Chatter

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X