Does anyone else have this prob?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else have this prob?

I was just wondering if anyone else had a problem of thick hair. I have really thick hair, when I do the two braids, my braids are so thick it looks stupid really. I don't wanna cut my hair at all (I am too vain about it) what am I to do?????
    I didn't do it, honestly. I have burned all the proof.

I wouldnt know how to control thick hair...I have thin hair...because of all my layers...so i never really had thick hair! Sorry I couldn't help you !
    '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,
    SOUTHERN STYOZ
    '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,

Comment

I would have to say, be glad that you have it. I am sorry that I could not help, but if there was a way, I would trade with ya Check out my braids.... tiny! *aiyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Comment

I don't know, maybe wrap with lots of otter fur! :-)

Comment

Be proud!! :) My hair's pretty thick and all the older women tell me about back in the day when theirs used to be thick too... someday you might miss it too if you ever get the point where you have little tiny braids. *awww* I'd much rather have my thick braids than skinny ones!

Comment

Miss_kiowa~looked on your home page, my hair is actually a bit thicker than yours. My braids, even though I have long hair, my braids are actually pretty short and thick.

I am actually wondering if I could do like two braids in the front, (for the hair ties) and maybe have two hanging in the back.

Comment

Why don't you try going old school. Parting down the back and just wrapping it tight (no braiding). Less bulk.

Comment

I've got ship ropes too.:Angel: Nothing to be ashamed of. My mother had thick hair and it's not as thick as it used to be. I don't wrap mine either. Luvs straightdancers has a good idea there. One of my friends puts a thick rubber band around the back then starts wraping. It keeps your brairds from poping on the sides. If I don't do that it makes me look like I have a big head.:D

Comment

Originally posted by wallFlower
                  I've got ship ropes too.:Angel: Nothing to be ashamed of. My mother had thick hair and it's not as thick as it used to be. I don't wrap mine either. Luvs straightdancers has a good idea there. One of my friends puts a thick rubber band around the back then starts wraping. It keeps your brairds from poping on the sides. If I don't do that it makes me look like I have a big head.:D

ship ropes! lol, yeap that is what I have! Never thought of discribing it that way

Comment

Re: Does anyone else have this prob?

Originally posted by MissTlingitAchievement
                    I was just wondering if anyone else had a problem of thick hair. I have really thick hair, when I do the two braids, my braids are so thick it looks stupid really. I don't wanna cut my hair at all (I am too vain about it) what am I to do?????
                    get it thinned out, and then donate it to meeeeeee:Chatter
                    I have thin hair:( Anybody know how to make ya hair thicker?
                    Besides Bear Grease..I don't really have access to that right now...ok anyways!

Miss..U can prob go to a hair salon, they have um tools..:Chatter or whatever you call them to thin out your hair, and you don't even hafta cut it:Thumbs
                    (¯`·._)Ït §M꣣$ £¡kë ®åíñßÕw§ (¯`·._)

Comment

I have really really thick hair too plus its past my waist, so I get the headaches and stuff too, :( But I will not will not cut it, or get it thinned out...

I usually just go ahead and have the two french briads, my cuz can braid really tight, and if someone who knows how to braid really tight can do it, then it dosent look too bad.
                      either that or Ill put it into two regular braids thats always good too.
                      Eitehr that or just leave your hair all wild and flip it around alot so those who dont have thick hair can envy you ;) Just kidding... dont do that.:Chatter
                      NO MY EYES REALLY DONT LOOK LIKE THAT........ THATS ME AS A BRATZ DOLL ;)

http://pages.ivillage.com/sagkeengpowwow2003/

Some guys are good with their drum sticks.... and some just arent...:karate:

Comment

I'm so jealous:Chatter
                        I've been trying to grow my hair for YEARS!..and still..once it gets to a certain length, I have to get a trim which really sucks

Oh yea..I have a question
                        have any of ya'll ever tried washing ur hair with dishsoap?
                        (¯`·._)Ït §M꣣$ £¡kë ®åíñßÕw§ (¯`·._)

Comment

Originally posted by MissTlingitAchievement
                          ship ropes! lol, yeap that is what I have! Never thought of discribing it that way

I have really thick hair down to my waist too. My friends who braid my hair for me ,fingers cramp up. Down here we only have one session for a go around. So I only have my hair braided once. Then again the more you braid and brush your hair then maybe it will fall out on it's own.:Angel:

Comment

You know, people are always commenting to me that my hair always looks so healthy and shiny all the time.

:Thinking :Idea :candle:

Ok, here is my way of doin that. I don't put anything at all in my hair, example: hairspray, gel, mousse or dye. I wash with moisterizing shampoo and conditioner. Even though I live in Alaska, I never dry my hair with a blow dryer. Never. :NoNo
                            using a blow dryer will give you split ends up to yin yang. I only have to get my hair trimmed ONCE a year!
                            $50 a year to get my hair professionally done is quite the savings!

I think using dishsoap would dry your hair out a lot. and using mayo would just make it greasy. I would stick to like pantene moisterizing 2 in 1. I think that works the best.

That is just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

You can just donate some of it to the "fncybonybraidathon" LOL.. Im jealous....:devil

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X