Staying On Beat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staying On Beat

How do you dancers out there, stay on the beat? Kind of another dumb question... but I just had to ask;) I have tried "going to the beat of the drum" foot wise, and it seemed kind of "odd" wearing a buckskin dress and doin that, almost like it was too fast?! Any pointers or answers would be GREATLY appreciated:)

<<<<<<<<<<Does it say champion dancer over there?

Dance to the song as well as the beat. If all you are hearing is the beat, try listening and block out everything but you and the song.

Just keep dancing. You'll be okay.

I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwehnzii
      <<<<<<<<<<Does it say champion dancer over there?

Dance to the song as well as the beat. If all you are hearing is the beat, try listening and block out everything but you and the song.

Just keep dancing. You'll be okay.

I think.
      Yes it does say that, but that is only for the amount of posts that I have here on this site:p I am by no way anywhere near a champion dancer Just starting out

So dance to the song, as well as the beat. Should the fringe move to the beat of the drum, etc? I know on the honor beats to raise the fan, etc. And the round dance I have down ok, just wondering about the straight song.

Comment

well..when i dance..i block everything out but my self and drum..after a moment you get into and your soul just flows..kinda what Kiwehnzii...you'll be okay...trust me
        blah blah blah....

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X