Shawl HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawl HELP!!!

I have a question. I need to refringe my shawl and its my first time and no Mom's or grandmas around to help. Can anyone give me step by step instructions. I already bought the fringe... (regular shawl fringe) and need to know what to do w/it and what kind of needle I need, etc... since I'm re-fringing, the holes are already there... Can anyone help? THANKS!!!!
    The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Sorry, don't know didley about shawls.
    Perhaps someone someone on the Fancy Shawl or cloth boards can help you.

Comment

Hey, get one of those hook needles, like the kind you use for knitting.
      Stick the hook eye through the hole, and pull the double shawl fringe through. After that pull your two pieces still on the other side of the shawl through the hoop( that got made from pulling a little through) and pull tight.
      I hope this helps!!:)
      Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

shawl fringe

ok here is the best way i have found to do a shawl,
        1. if your fringe is on a bolt get an 11x14 picture frame cardboard and wrap the fringe long ways around the cardboard or vertical.
        2. then cut on one end that will give you 14 in fringe .
        3. take an awl or very thick needle and pull the fringe thru the hole , make sure they are even at the bottom and then roll around your hand and pull to a knot...
        "finding your best friend in life and love is glorious"

Comment

what ndnkidz said is pretty much how I do it, but once you wrap the amount of fringe that you want onto the cardboard, and before you cut it, take some fray check (you can get it at Walmart) and run a bead of it across the end that you are going to cut. Let it dry and then cut along the fray check. This prevents it from fraying after washing and normal wear. Hope this helps.:)
          What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!!!!

Comment

Ok - Mom and Dad were clearing their upstairs and came across my ancient shawl from way back in the day. ;) Many of the fringes, when my mom picked it up just fell out - where do I buy the fringe (this was made and given to me by a dear friend years ago). It is long and black - very silky feeling fringe.
            Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

Thanks guys for all your replies... very helpful!
              I'm going to get started tonight after a quick trip to wally world!

I'll let u know how it goes.

:24:
              The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X