WOW five whole threads.. yikessssss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW five whole threads.. yikessssss

Ok this room has gone stale... lets shake it up in here.. I would love to see this room fill up with posts.. who is with me? maybe the question has already been asked....Thats ok new folks come here everyday and i am sure we would love to hear their ideas about some older topics...I would love to look at the "who is online" and see tons of readers looking in the cloth section.... :) So who is with me!!!!!!!!... lets bust this room wide open with great dialogue and even some crazy banter.. hehehehe CLOTH DANCERS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!.... lol
    "finding your best friend in life and love is glorious"

Originally posted by NDNKIDZ
    So who is with me!!!!!!!!... lets bust this room wide open with great dialogue and even some crazy banter.. hehehehe CLOTH DANCERS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!.... lol
    I can do crazy banter!! :taunting:
    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

*shakes head* imagine that!!!!!!!!!....LOL

Comment

Heyyy... it's a stretch... but I'm full of surprises!! :Tongue
        "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Okay........lets get a discussion going here.
          I've seen the thread in other rooms on how dancers get in shape or how they practice.......but this is for us Cloth Dancers.

Maybe I'm getting a little rusty in my knees in my older age (46)......but after a weekend of dancing, my knees and calfs are usually pretty sore. I walk every day to stay in shape....but still have some stiff and sore knees after powwows.
          So what to you do to keep your knees in shape or to ease the soreness after a weekend of dancing?

NO joking.......I think I need to invest in the BenGay company!! haha

Tell us what your cure all is................

Comment

the ben gay stuff is okay i use sportscreme -doesn't smell, not greasy, works real well

i walk a lot the week of a pow wow, try when sitting to flex toes, to work out calf muscles and also sit with not flat feet but up on toes
            Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

ALLLLLLLL RIGHTTTTTTT!!!!!!!! LOL I knew we just needed a kick start..LOL Nancy Jo ? fancy star had the right answer..... sportscreme is better to deal with and the leg exercises are a goot idea also. You will feel a difference if you work just those muscles...:)

Comment

What kind of sports creme are you talking about? I'll invest in a gallon of it!!!!
                I tried some Flexall after a pow wow one night, and ended up chasing everyone out of our tent......the camphor smell was potent!!!! Made everyones eyes water!!! haha So no more Flexall unless I'm sleeping outside on my own......probably keep the mosquitos away, too!!!

Seriously, tho......I hadn't thought about doing some streching during the pow wow. I'll give that a try.

At a pow wow last year I invited one of my coworkers to come. She was thrilled seeing all the dancing, but she floored me with the comment "cloth dancing seems like it's pretty easy to do".
                Oh, girl!!!!! I just tried to take that as a compliment (since I want it to look really smooth and graceful), although it sure takes a lot of effort on my knees and calves to make it that way.
                I never feel tired or sore at the pow wow, I just want to keep on going......but I can get pretty sore the next couple of days after the pow wow.

But its all worth it!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NancyJo
                  Okay........lets get a discussion going here.
                  I've seen the thread in other rooms on how dancers get in shape or how they practice
                  ___

NanJO:

I thought women's cloth dancers trained on a regimented schedule: Waking up at 5:00 am everyday, going to the local highschool, doing a couple of dozen repetitions up-and-down the stadium stair steps, then 20 or so Wind Sprints ???

(getting chased by a rez dawg down a country road burns the same amount of calories)!

*L

j/k
                  Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Hahahahahahaha.. Yeahhhhhhhhhh Righttttttttttttt

Comment

Yea....right!.......maybe when I was 30 years younger!!! haha

Comment

It's called Sportscreme green and white tube. same area you'd find ben gay and all the others.

not smelly at all, works well, use it on my knees,before dancing, and if they swell any then also use it then too.

cloth dancing looks easy ...., but it is a workout isn't it ladies???

what about round dancing, anyone here, sore after round dancing?
                        Well will wonders never cease.....

Comment

I think we just make it look easy right???? I let someone borrow my outfit for an all around and they couldn't believe how heavy my dress and everything is. After her contest, she tells me, "you must have some really strong legs"... to which I replied, "that's what he said"....ayyyy

Comment

Originally posted by Kakeeya
                            I think we just make it look easy right???? I let someone borrow my outfit for an all around and they couldn't believe how heavy my dress and everything is. After her contest, she tells me, "you must have some really strong legs"... to which I replied, "that's what he said"....ayyyy

:lol2:

you silly! *LMAO*
                            "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Round dance.......yup, thats a whole other workout on the hips and thighs!!!
                              Took a friend out into the circle to round dance with me, she was thinking that it was going to be pretty easy. After the first go around she was looking at me like "kill me now!! I'm in pain!!". I told her to drop out if she couldn't do it, but she hung in there for a little longer and then quit. She told me she could never dance because it was too hard!!! haha

Yea.....not quite as easy as it looks..........

Of course, I'd love to be younger again to where I never got sore after pow wows. But that's okay......I'm okay where I am....just have to put up with the creaky knees! haha

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X