Canton GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canton GA

well it was a great weekend, kind of like homecoming for me, friends i've known for 12 years, some havent' seen in a few years, finally got to meet back up with diamond and sandy brown, boy how walela and dakota have grown - brooke is still the same ole brooke

well they put buckskin and cloth together this weekend, judy gibson took 1st Kim B> 2nd and Printup 3rd.
    which is pretty good

man i felt so out of it staurday, really funny, i was out in lalal land during comp and i don't know, i was like oh honor beats, and then realizeing nope wrong - just one of those things, i have no idea where i was that day, but our exhibition i paid attention adn felt better after that.
    anyone else have moments of oh where am i while dancing
    please share
    otherwise, i maybe the only one

but i still had fun got to dance, it didn't rain,
    Well will wonders never cease.....

Hey,
    Nice to have seen u at canton dawn. I am sorry i had to leave early saturday night but my mom was getting restless. I was disappoinnted b/c i could compete. But i still danced and i got to see everyone who i had not see in awhile. I also got to meet Fancy Star this weekend.Dawn do u know any of the other competiton results? Well can't wait to see all of ya'll at the Cherokee Memorial Powwow.:)
    ~NATIVE PRIDE~

Comment

deltadawn

anyone else have moments of oh where am i while dancing
      I always felt like I was in a time warp when that happens. It also happens during singing or even ceremony also.
      I was told that is when you "cross-over" to the "spiritual" world. I like that one so I never asked anyone else! ;) :p :Chatter :Thumbs
      "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

I think that sounds better than being in lalal land
        man just don't know what was up, but i kept to the drums the rest of the weekend, (kept my mind from going off)
        But you know when we do just intertribals, adn tlaking to firends and what not, veryone seems to stop on time, and can still talk and that is jsut so different from comp time -
        anyone else notice this?
        Well will wonders never cease.....

Comment

YEah i know how it is. In intertribals you got it down and than when you compete i get nervous get off beat sometimes and than worry about when honor beats are sometimes (b/c most of the time i am the only one in my catergory and i mistake some things 4 honor beats) BUt seriously though i know how it is. It really sucks. Well anyways anyone else have any stories or theories? :Angel:
          ~NATIVE PRIDE~

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X