Patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patterns

I want to start making a new regalia, all cloth, seeing that my current is velvet and buckskin. I am looking for ribbon work patterns, and a pattern to make the dress from. Any help is greatly appreciated, Thans!
    What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!!!!

What tribe are you and if it is not a "ribbonwork" tribe, were you given the right to wear ribbonwork. If you are one of our tribes, go to your folks and get the designs from your family or clan. If not, go to the people who dressed you and get their designs. That is the best way to go about it.

Comment

I am of Cherokee, Pamunkey, & Taino background. The Taino wear alot of patterned work,mainly satin with tribal, or spiritual pattern, and I know the Cherokee wear cloth tear dresses, but the Pamunkey, we don not know nothing about. I think I will check out the Taino tribal website and speak with them also. Thanks for responding!
      What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!!!!

Comment

NDN GAL:
        You might try to find a book called" Scarlet Ribbons" by Helen Kelly. I happened to pick it up and liked the lay out. It has a lot of quilting in it also. This is the real reason i picked it up for my wife. She was making some quilts for give aways.

Good luck. Keep on Stomping!!!
        BOB

Comment

ndn gal. I am also of Taino ancestry...and i too am looking for patterns...however, I have made my own Taino style dress. its very simple, as all the dresses that I have seen are....Please let me know of anything that you may find, and I will do the same

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X