Optin Monster

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How were you introduced into the circle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How were you introduced into the circle?

How were you introduced into the circle? At your first powwow did you do anything speacial before entering in?

I had a special dance and big give away.
    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Brought both of my kids out at their annual encampment. Clan elder placed my daughters plume on her and another elder brought my son into the arena. Had a special song (clan song) for each and giveaway.

When I was dressed my family had a song and giveaway also.
      After my FIL passed we sat for a year and had a memorial dance when we were ready to come back into the arena.

Wonderful ways!!!

Comment

My wife and I introduced our younguns when they were Infants. Both boys and both girls. As they all came of age they were re-introduced to the drum so they now can dance on their own. The girls had their crossing ceremonies into womanhood and both boys were roached into manhood. All were given their eagle feathers at this time.
        Our Granddaughters were introduced when they were born also. Hopefully they will be given their rites of passage when they start their womanhood time. We believe this is a very important time in their lives. They may not like the ceremonies at the time but important non the less. Our youngest daughter was so nervous the night before the ceremony began, she almost made herself ill.

WA-DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        BOB

Comment

Last edited by Miss_Nish; 08-28-2005, 11:17 PM.
          ~* Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to *~

Comment

This past spring, we brought my sister-in-law into the cirlce, it was a beautiful ceremony!
            First my mom dressed her from head to toe in a Crow buckskin dress & all "trimmings"
            Then when it was time for our special, one of my clan uncle's brought her into the arena and sang a praise song as she walked in front of him, we all followed quite a few paces behind.
            My auntie named her & welcomed her into our family. Then we had a big give away, after it was over, everyone came to welcome her & congratulate her......it was pretty cool!
            She was a nervous wreck, very shy, and worried, but she looked so beautiful in her new outfit you couldn't even tell!!!

~Buckskinz
            *BE EASY*

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X