An Apology to Cloth Dancers!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Apology to Cloth Dancers!!!

My BAd!!! I used to give deltadawn a hard time about dancing cloth!! I used to tease her about how EASy it was and if she should try to dance fancy shawl ' cause it was so much harder than her style!!!
    And thenn.........
    This past weekend I dance d the fourstar here at Cherokee!!
    OH My GAw!! DAncing cloth hurt my knees!!! Man it was sucha slow strain!! It was harder than I thought!!

So to all you cloth dancers, you're style is harder to do than I thougth and props to ya!!!!!!!
    Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

bout bloody time you acknowledge it aint easy

hahahahha
    on you

but you did dance nicely though, so you gonna cross over??

To the four cloth dancers in cherokee for the 4th - good dancing ladies!!!!

can you believe a fancy shawl dancer actually saying the cloth is hard to dance will wonders never cease???!!!
    Well will wonders never cease.....

Comment

Yup it is...

All that graceful dancin'... kinda makes my cheeks all rosey when I'm done. But I try not to show that it was "kinda hard" and make it look all easy
      :p
      ~* Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to *~

Comment

I'm Sayin!! Gaw My cheeks were rosy too!! I couldn't sit on them afterwards they were soooo sore!!!!

Um, those are the cheeks we're talking about right?:p
        Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

Fancy.. Fancy.. Fancy... I meant my "upper" cheeks.. silly lady.

:p :Chatter :p :Chatter :p :Chatter

Comment

how about cloth northern style?

Cloth danced southern style is something, but dancing cloth northern style (stationary with up and down movements) is something else. After dancing that way over at the powwow in Eaton, OH this past weekend, my legs were about ready to give out on me. :D I really have to get some practice in and build those leg muscles up.

Comment

you see and here everybody thinks womens trad is easy to do...

and when you do dance, yep your legs ache some, but it feels so good though,

i don't think i could dance another style anyway, to used to trad, (plus a bad knee keeps me in place too)

okay nother idea
              how many of you have these bad knees ? or other ailments?

I have one bad knee

Comment

My knees are fine. Only time they get sore is when I'm really cold. Ahh.. or when my feet get cold... especially at them outdoor early summer pow wows. Gets kinda chilly out at the end of the night.

Comment

well you are a little north of here, it dosen't get to cold here at night a little chily,

i found those leggins (like some wear with just a shirt) goes just below your knee is not bad to wear keeps them warm

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X