Southern Breastplate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Breastplate

I have a question for anyone who can help me! I am planning to make a Southern Breastplate. Does anyone know where there is a picture or pattern I can look at to make it proper? Thanks so much! :D
    May the warm winds of Heaven blow softly on your home, and the Great Spirit bless all who enter there.

The best example I can think of is in Crazy Crow catalog, they have a web catalog you could probably print out the picture!

http://www.crazycrow.com
    Your Heart Shows by how Your Words and Actions Affect Others.

Nah I ain't NO WANNABE! I don't gotta wannabe when people wannabe like me!

Comment

Southern Breastplate

Tsiniti, Thanks so much! That gave me the amounts of bone & beads I need. I have seen one for sale at a powwow up north here I will be seeing it again soon if they have not sold it. That way I can get some idea of the construction. In the calologe it sends the kit. I have already found some of the beads I want to us. I just want to make it correctly.:D Thanks again. Gracie:Angel2
      May the warm winds of Heaven blow softly on your home, and the Great Spirit bless all who enter there.

Comment

I love Crazy Crow! I saw that one Eagle Feather Fan in there, and just fell in love, but I don't feel that I have the right to carry all those Eagle Feathers,(real or not) but I still liked the fan idea, so I made one as simular as I could with turkey feathers! Maybe some day I will dig out the real fluff, and feather that I have, and add them to a fan, but not for a long time!

Good luck with your Breast Plate! :)

Comment

Souther Breastplate

Tsiniti, Thanks again!:Wave

Comment

Eagle feather fan for sale on the net? Do you have 10-20 years to spend behind bars for buying it? lol No, really, it couldn't have been real. LOL

Comment

Eagle Feather Fan? No it was fake eagle feathers, but it's just the idea, I have not earned them, fake or real! I have two eagle feathers and one fluff, I only really count the one and fluff, as one is a hand painted feather that was given to me by the Elder who painted it. It's a cute story, I was in a store in Cherokee, and looking at some feathers, when an elder came in with a bunch of painted to look like eagle feathers, he asked if I was going to make my fan with Eagle feathers, as here is some, but I said that I didn't feel I had the right to use them, as I have not earned them, and he really lit up and beamed, after making a couple purchases, I left. But when I pulled the bag out to look at one of the painted Hawk feathers(same guy painted both) I found he had stuck one of the eagle feathers in too, plus double the beads I had bought, I wasn't sure if it was an accident so I went back, the elder was gone, but the lady who waited on me, said that he owned the feathers, and the beads, he appreciated my beliefs, and the respectful way I had spoken with him, so he gifted me when I wasn't looking! I'm saving it for something special!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X