dipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dipping

when you compete how low do you dip or bend your knees?
    do you think that the lower you get the more points yu'll get?
    i think that if i bend lower maybe my fringe will swing more whatdya think?

oh, what a relief - I thought this thread was going to be about women spitting tobacco while they're dancing...
    - zeph

Comment

zeph rofl

okay to the subject.
      I always keep my knees slightly bent. B/c otherwise my fringe don't sway like i want it. Yes when you bend more the fringe goes more.
      Also I wear osage clothes and the belt in the back is supposed to sway from side to side. I have noticed that most osage girls do a bowlegged side to side step while they dance. I think it is b/c they are concentrating on their belt. I have found that if i keep my back straight and bend futher than nomal it sways better. Plus you don't look like you just stepped off a horse. It works for me.
      "Deep Thoughts" By Jack Handy

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

"I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, yahoo!, I'd have all my money back."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• that jingle chick
        from teens to womens.........
        by that jingle chick
        How can you prepare for makin tha switch from teens to womens? It seems like you just get used to dancin in teens and competing against the same people then you gotta switch? what gives????? lmao j/k
        SO what did ya'll do to prepare? cuz it is a big jump!
        and also, who do you think made...
        09-12-2002, 01:30 PM
      • ndngirl722
        Question for the ladies that wear makeup
        by ndngirl722
        I mean regular makeup like eyeshadow, blush, lipstick....
        Do you use different colors when in your regalia, or do you stick to the same color palate that you use every day?
        08-16-2007, 09:20 PM
      • Privateer6
        Linings
        by Privateer6
        Ok folks a question on lining the leggings and clout, or aprons, of the suit. Looking around the net for some ideas for ribbonwork colors, I noticed that one person puts a lining in the straight dance suits she makes "to prevent stretching, skin irritation and sweat damage to wool." How many...
        05-15-2006, 08:20 PM
      • jwashee
        Random thoughts
        by jwashee
        - I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
        - More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can’t wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that’s not only better, but also more directly involves me....
        09-22-2009, 09:08 PM
      • Nipkie
        What is more Important? Too You
        by Nipkie
        Wondering, A beaded oufit is nice and pretty but cloth outfits are most tradional... Now compition judgeing I think is unfair because they judge you more so by what you wear than you dancing you could be the best dancer out there and be out there for every song and still come up with less points than...
        06-26-2006, 03:24 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X