Can you help ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help ??

Okay all my fellow seamstresses and dancers....Hubby has convinced me to start working on my own regalia so that I can start dancing along side him...I am planning to start simple with a tradecloth/ broadcloth or cotton calico plains style dress...planning to do some simple applique work on the edges and arms that matches what is on my two favorite shawls...so I guess my first question is how do you feel about the Missouri River patterns for those two styles of dress and are they easy to read?? I had a calico dress a few years ago but between two and a half kids and 3 moves it has been misplaced- I can find everythig but that 1 dress!!!!!!! I appreciate any input or guidance anyone feels like offering! Thanks!!! OP1
    OrangePridendnds1
    "What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
    Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator
    ...... everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence.
    Mourning Dove Salish 1888-1936

I never had a problem with those patterns. They worked fine for mr. An Added bonus for you is you have pws.com to ask any questions. I think there was a thread on how to do appliques a while back in general crafts...

Comment

I'm not really crazy about the patterns but am used to it. I found the directions either confusing at first or hard to read. Anyway.......read close before you cut or anything and you shouldn't have any prob. What got me was the gussett thing..... then I figured it out on my own...... had no clue what they were talking about.
      "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

I didn't want to have to mail order a pattern so I went to Two Ponies and Izzy had the Tradecloth dress pattern. I am assuming that I can make the dress out of cloth like you would the plains style cloth dress..anyone know if there is a big difference in the two patterns or should I just bite the bullet and get the plains style pattern and save this one for later on????????????THanks!!!!
        OrangePridendnds1
        "What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
        Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator
        ...... everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence.
        Mourning Dove Salish 1888-1936

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X