new colors/ new dresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new colors/ new dresses

anyone making new dresses or usiing new colors this year, seeign as how its' the end of the year and msot have started or starting new sets for next year, just thought i'd ask.

me i have no idea yet
    Well will wonders never cease.....

I made my regailia from a two toned black to orange cloth that has a really nice white splatter effect on it. To me the cloth reminds me of looks like the milkyway with an orange sunset. Something that this cloth dress has added is a double-sided cloth yoke with megis shells, much like the leather buckskin style top.

Other items I made was my daughters Fancy Shawl outfit. A full length ribboned cloth dress for sundance. orange
    I support blueberries, apples and mini marshmallows as a feast food.

Comment

well i am doing a new set of beadwork(moccs, belt, crown, leggins, hairties, and purse..ect) and 3 cloth dressed with applique work, 2 shalls ....ANd a buckskin dress with even more beadowork and i want it all finished by march!

Comment

WOW, it sounds beautiful and i hope you get it all done by march, put some pic's in the gallery when your finished im sure we would all love to see it. :)
        "finding your best friend in life and love is glorious"

Comment

i am over halfway on all the beadwork....but i havent even started on the dresses and shawls....:Cry i dont think i have any finger prints left!

Comment

onelummi - that is determination if you get it all done, sounds like a lot. good luck and post your pictures if you can would love to see it.

Comment

Last night I just finished drawing my designs and the main color is yellow. It has butterflies, hearts, flowers, and vines. I wanted to have it done in time for Gatherings so I have to get crackin'. I want to have the crown, hairties, basically the works done. I also designed four dresses with matching shawls, my mom will be doing the sewing. Well, thats what I'm doing.

Comment

you go girl - four sets in time by GON - well maybe we'll see you there in you new dresses

Comment

My wife just got her first dress, a Christmas present from my father. Now we have to get her the rest of her outfit together so she can dance. Gonna be a big chore since I'm working on my first outfit (tradish). But I work best when I'm under pressure.

Comment

Here is a pic of my wife's new dress
                    Attached Files

Comment

What tribe is this dress from?

Comment

Close up of pattern on dress.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Anitsi, my father and I are Cherokee, but I'm not sure about the dress. I know is he got it at Chambers Farms Powwow in Fla. I guess I'll hae to ask him.

Comment

well hello cuz ( saying hi all the way from qualla boundary)

Comment

We will be headed your way in November on our way to Flordia to visit my father.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X