Talented Seamstress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talented Seamstress?

I am a big fan of southern style ribbon work. I've seen the long process of making these beautiful dresses, from the tracing to the cutting.The women who make these dresses are truly master crafts women:Chatter Women like the late Ramona Jacobson, the Rice family.Now I've said my favorites so who are some yours?

Ramona Jacobsen helped me learn what I know. Rita Dent also does good work. Those would be my two favorites.

Comment

Remonia Jacobson

Esther... *used to make all my clothes when i was a kid*

Phyllis Whitecloud has a lot of talent.

Etta Roubedeaux is getting good. U can see a lot of her work at Sharps in Ponca City.
      The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Hey, you know Etta ? She used to live out this way. Pm me if gotta way of getting in touch with her. :D

Comment

Janet Littlecrow does outstanding work! If you can draw it, she can sew it! And her stitching is flawless!

Comment

You can check out some of her work here...

http://www.littlecrowtradingpost.com/pageribbon.htm

Comment

Originally posted by fncyshwldncr4life
              Janet Littlecrow does outstanding work! If you can draw it, she can sew it! And her stitching is flawless!
              I can give a thumbs up to her as well:D She a nice person, and funny to boot;)

Comment

just a question

shouldn't this thread be in the Cloth dancing forum.
                The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Your right, this should be.

While talking with some relatives and friends this past weekend, they informed me of this post, so here's my 2 cents!

"luvstraightdancrs" is an outstanding seamstress, because she does mine and my sons straight dance rigs and traditional rigs. Alot of them also have her to make traditional womans clothing along with fancy shawl and jingle dress rigs.
                  We like her work because it's not mass produced, but it's custom make to fit. Guaranteed, not to fall apart and if s seam becomes loose, just tell her and she will fix it. Items are not hanging in stores and her rates are fair.
                  this is all i have to say

Comment

Re: just a question

Originally posted by superndngyrl
                    shouldn't this thread be in the Cloth dancing forum.
                    Oh buh... I didn't even notice.. lol

Comment

oops I was wondering when someone was going to say that. I wrote that thread and didn't realize I wasn't in the Cloth forum.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X