Cloth Dress-How and why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloth Dress-How and why

Why do you dance? how and why.. what have you seen along the dance way?:Chatter
    Last edited by Riverwoman; 02-16-2003, 02:35 PM.

cuz it feels good! i hear that drum and those singers get'n down. My knees start shaking i gotta run out there and get my groove on!
    The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Kind of like when you hear the drum you just want to get up and dance? Yup nothing beats that:D

Comment

Re: Cloth Dress-How and why

Originally posted by Tahemet
        Why do you dance? how and why.. what have you seen along the dance way?:Chatter
        oops i didn't finish answering hte questions.

What have I seen along the way? hmm...

Some cuties. aye! I've seen a lot of the Western and NorthWestern US. I've met some cool people and still keep in contact w/them (since i was 14). I've had a lot of fun pow-wowing... i hope someday to get my kids into pow-wows and I'm gonna make their stuff. :D

I've also seen some crazy white people that wanna be Indian. and those new agers freak me out. I've seen some beautiful regalia that I want to have! aye... forget about copying. aye

and seen some pretty cool 49s! aye!
        The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

I've wanted to dance since forever!! I used to go to pow wows to spectate. After a while, I wanted to do more than just watch. I felt like I was ready to start dancing. I talked with a few women, and learned from watching and listening. I saw all the beautiful dresses and I wanted one for myself. So, I made a dress that was me.

Why do I dance? Why not?;) Our people were given the drum and songs.. why not dance. I was told once.. To dance for those who no longer have use or have limited use of their legs.. and to dance for those who have passed on.

What have I seen? Hmm.. beautifully beaded dresses!! Some very talented dancers. I've heard many songs that just got me all pumped and lovin' being a Nish. It's all good!!
          ~* Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to *~

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X