question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question....

How did Elaine Miles acquire her Crow Style elktooth dress? Was she adopted into the Crow tribe?

Curious Curious Curious..
    Last edited by GreezyNdN; 02-25-2003, 04:34 PM.
    Yep, she's pretty Greazy

Elaine Miles Dress...

Here is her dress...
    Attached Files
    Yep, she's pretty Greazy

Comment

elaine miles

Yup...she was adopted, she even considers moving to montana someday. But she has been adopted into a few different tribes and was married into a southern tribe so she also has some southern cloth stuff...that is her favorite dress though, she usually has her mom in all her best buckskin and beadwork...trust me, i'm her nephew...4 real not adopted...lol
      "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

COOL!

Do you know the story behind her dress? Usually the dresses have "meanings" or there is a reason why she has the dress.
        Yep, she's pretty Greazy

Comment

I've wondered the same thing seeing Elaine Miles in her crow style dress because at powwows it's always announced that she is Nez Perce and Cayuse (I think).

Good question.....................

Comment

Yup...she was adopted, she even considers moving to montana someday. But she has been adopted into a few different tribes and was married into a southern tribe so she also has some southern cloth stuff...that is her favorite dress though, she usually has her mom in all her best buckskin and beadwork...trust me, i'm her nephew...4 real not adopted...lol

I believe the why was answered by Dat1NdnGuy.

As for story behind the dress I don't know, but if she was adopted and given the dress - why question it

Comment

She seems very nice. I also think that is great that she was adopted and given the right to wear the dress........

Why not question to satisfy curiosity?? I know I've always wondered

Comment

The reason I ask is because I may know the Crow family who adopted her. I am just curious. I am not set out to be rude or anything.
                Dat1ndnguy has said she was adopted by many tribes but I am only interested in how she acquired the dress.
                When Crow style dresses are given there is always a story behind it.
                Yep, she's pretty Greazy

Comment

luvstraightdancrs had it right...I have never really bothered to ask about the dress, since I've seen her wear all her of her different dresses. I think she definately starting wearing that Crow style dress more since she was on the cover of whispering wind...yes she is an incredibly nice person, If I were her I'd probably go nutso' with all those people constantly asking for pictures and autographs. All these small Ndn businesses asking for her endorsment...and she doesn't think twice about any of it. She is definately one person you can approach and blab with. The only is...She hates being called "marilyn" her characters name from "northern exposure" but even then she holds up a smile...
                  :D
                  "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

Elaine is #1! VERY approachable and sweet! :p

Comment

Well, I am proud she is repping CROW STYLE.
                      Yep, she's pretty Greazy

Comment

I've seen here dance in it, she looks very beautiful. I've always wanted to go up to her and say hi, but too embarrassed to. I might now thanks to what Dat said, if I ever get the chance again. :p

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X