Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alright here we are again

a new year a new beginning
    and have you decided to do something new and different than any other year????
    We need to boost cloth dancing thread as we seem to be the smallest talking thread on here

Me: I am actually working out every other day on home gym, am trying not to be as sarcastic and be more good natured(JK),
    am taking a cruise this year, just me and some good friends

anyone else want to share???!!!!
    Last edited by Okwataga; 01-11-2008, 07:30 PM.
    Well will wonders never cease.....

I'm definately going to get my book published this year. I wrote it almost a year and a half ago and I want to do it up nice.

I have alot of things that I'm going to do this year, that I've never done or finished before, but I just don't know where to start.LOL

I have a home gym that a good friend of mine gave me last year and I work out on it some, I should work out more then what I do, I have some more weight to loose.LOL

Comment

Yup.... we all got that weight to lose for next season(lol)I'm hoping to get myself down some,especially since I have asthma and can't afford to be heavy.I would also like to improve my job situation by taking some classes,online if I have to.That's really all for now.Who knows,if I think hard enough,there might be more that needs to be done....keep smilin'1

Comment

This New Year I want to...

Okwataga, Hello! -12 Jan.,'08.
        Thanks for sharing with us your goals this year...
        Me, I want to be a better Mom... It´s so difficult but I´ll try my very best. --My two daughters are pre-teens (God, have mercy on me!)... They are Louise and Frieda, my lovely brats... I can write books, paint a masterpiece, find gold, win a gold medal in the Olympic Games (lol)... but no, I prefer to be a better Mom, believe me! - Happy New Year 2008! --Truly yours, ---Cuetzpallincihuatl, the Aztec Indian.
        Cuetzpallincihuatl, the Aztec Indian.

Comment

glad to hear from everyone and what your plans are
          maybe we could do a support group
          if you are feeling blue or losing momentum, just come in here and we'll give you that shove you need!

Comment

I want to have the courage to dance the Cloth dance at the next pow wow.
            Last edited by neling4; 01-15-2008, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Have the courage, because...

My Dear Neling4,

Hello! -Have the courage because you are a warrior...
              ...because Life is only one here and now...
              ...because we want you happy...
              ...because if don´t, you will regret it...
              ...because you are on the Red Path...
              ...and receive our support.
              -Truly yours,
              ---Cuetzpallincihuatl.

Comment

neling4 - why do you not have the courage?
                what is holding you back?

Comment

I am afraid people will call me a "wannabe" because I am only one quarter Cherokee, and my family was never enrolled. I am very proud of my Cherokee heritage (as I am of the other 3/4 of my heritage also), and I would like to do this, but I don't take rejection very well.
                  Last edited by neling4; 01-16-2008, 03:09 PM.

Comment

We are so many wannabies, because...

Dear Neling4... -Jan. 16, '08.

Hope you are doing fantastic over there!
                    I am a wannabe too because my Beloved Parents are german, but I was born in the Aztec Lands, my heart beats with the Aztec drums, my blood runs with the Indian Sacred Dances as well and because I was born in the Great Tenochtitlan, now Mexico City, my Father always educated me with both heritages... -He tought me to love and respect our Ancestors, to follow their Wisdom, to love My People (some of us here are whiter, others darker, BUT ALL OF US ARE INDIANS with Pride and Dignity..! -Some don´t accept this fact, [poor guys!], some (like me) will die on The Red Road, the Path of the Warriors... By the other hand, I wannabe a better Mother, I wannabe a better Daughter, a better Citizen, a better (lol)... you name it! --- You are what your Heart tells you deep inside You Are! --You are what you do and what you say to yourself and the most precious thing is when others wannabe like you are!!! --So, My Dear Neling4, Be Yourself and wannabe the best in whatever you decide to be! --Receive a bunch of Hugs from The Great Tenochtitlan...
                    ---Cuetzpallincihuatl.

Comment

Thank you Cuetzpallincihuatl. That is very nice.

Comment

BE strong in who you are....

Originally posted by neling4 View Post
                        I am afraid people will call me a "wannabe" because I am only one quarter Cherokee, and my family was never enrolled. I am very proud of my Cherokee heritage (as I am of the other 3/4 of my heritage also), and I would like to do this, but I don't take rejection very well.

An elder told me once"... that being native wasn't about having brown eyes, dark hair, or even enrollment papers, it was about knowing your past, your truth..."
                        Sometimes dreams are wiser than waking.
                        -Black Elk

Comment

Thank you morningstar! I am feeling better about it now. I really appreciate all the support I have received from the ladies on this forum. I know I will have lots of questions for you all before I am done.

Comment

Originally posted by neling4 View Post
                            You are not a wannabe! If the Cherokees were to embrace all of their descendants it would be the Cherokee States of America. LOL Don't ever let what you are not hold you back. The old tradition is "once you are Cherokee you are always Cherokee".

Put that Cloth dress on and dance proudly!
                            Walk softly on Mother Earth

Comment

Thanks Traditional Lady!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.