Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• since every1 else is doing... why cant we

what are the ladies workin on?

i just finished a creek dress took me 3 weeks workin on it on the weekends that didnt have a powwow, and a little after work on mon, wed, and fri, cuz tues and thrus i got culture class at the center
    Oh yeah, I used to know Quentin...He's a real...He's a real Jerky

~Flat Beat~

getting ready to go home over the 4th, mom and I will be sewin fools for 4 days.. LOL.. going to do some applique and some moccs.:)
    "finding your best friend in life and love is glorious"

Comment

Here's the short list---5 dance shirts by 7/11, leggins by 7/11, 8 shawls by 7/17, finishing my outfit for 7/17, 2 ribbonwork outfits by 7/17, two giveaways in July, shirts and leggins for hubby and son, 6 straightdance rigs by mid August, 2 more after that, 3 otter caps by October....................

Comment

dang!

good luck!
        Oh yeah, I used to know Quentin...He's a real...He's a real Jerky

~Flat Beat~

Comment

sorry, i guess i'm one of the few who's not workign on anything right now.

its summer taking a break with the boys and just enjoying the days
          Well will wonders never cease.....

Comment

Originally posted by luvstraightdancrs
            Here's the short list---5 dance shirts by 7/11, leggins by 7/11, 8 shawls by 7/17, finishing my outfit for 7/17, 2 ribbonwork outfits by 7/17, two giveaways in July, shirts and leggins for hubby and son, 6 straightdance rigs by mid August, 2 more after that, 3 otter caps by October....................
            ARE YOU CRAZY???? Or just highly motivated? Or do you get paid a helluvalot for your work? :dontknow: :Thinking

If it is motivated... pleassssseeeeee tell me how you do it!!!! :taunting:
            "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

ARE YOU CRAZY???? Or just highly motivated? Or do you get paid a helluvalot for your work?

No I am not crazy - just love what I do.
              Motivated - yeah I guess, this is something I enjoy and do everyday. Seem to work better under pressure.
              Paid alot for the work - Hell no - just try to be fair. Could charge more but then too many would ***** about price and the work turn commercial rather than something I enjoy. I would rather have the work out there than make a bundle off someone. I mainly stay this busy because I like the work and the people I sew for. Plus, I have a very supportive husband and family that help out with other things that need to be done.

So yeah - all in all I guess I am a little crazy:D

Comment

beading:
                1 pair of hi-top moccs
                2 fan handles
                3 sets of earrings
                2 barrettes

sewing:
                1 buckskin dress w/cloth top

all to be done by Mohegan Powwow
                Don't ever stop dancing

Comment

working on designing ribbonwork for new outfit (shawl, purse, teardress); have decided to put ribbonwork on purse to try it out (my first time doing ribbonwork) and then highlight it w/ beads... experimenting w/ negative cloth cutouts, too (a technique from s. america; all the colors for the ribbonwork or whatever are layered on top of each other and you cut down to the color in the design)... have cutout fabric for shawl, purse and teardress but need to finish ribbonwork b4 putting together.
                  othernthat have been working on archaeological surveys (three in a row!) in ten day stints in west and south texas...

-d
                  I am me, and that's all i can be;
                  no more, no less.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X