This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girls Southern Cloth For Sale

Hello, I have a southern girls cloth outfit for sale. Brand new never been worn. Colors are red, golden yellow, and green. Very nice has detailed applique along skirt, shawl and back piece.
    Will fit a skinny gilr of 6-8 years of age.
    Pieces include, shirt shirt, shawl, and back drag. Made by Sharon Roberts, Micheal Roberts(yes, the fancy dancer) mom.

Asking $350.

There are pictures of in the gallery by pettus.

Must SALE!!

Let me know!
    Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

I may seem radical, but don't you have to be a certain tribe to be wearing ribbonwork applique? My goodness, what is the pow wow world coming to when you can buy someone's tribal regalia on the net? LOL but seriously, what tribe will just sell thier rights to a regalia on the pow wows.com cloth board? It's a sad day in oklahoma.

Comment

so you saying that eveyrobody that wears a jingle dress went through the proper tribal procedures to wear them

so eveyrbody that wears a southern buckshkin dress is kiowa
      since the dress origin is kiowa

its a sad day in pow wow country
      i'm not going to go into what is tribally appropriate

there is a pow wow contest outfit for sale not a tribal outfit contest outfit for sale, contest
      Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

i think that its gettin a little hot in here
        ok if you wear a dress that is not of your tribe i think that is fine. i do, but i also give credit to the western origin of my dress, and know the history behind lumbee patchwork and cherokee tear dress (as i am descended from both tribes). so as long as you show respect i think itll be ok.

anyway i couldnt find this in the gallery perhaps you could post a link.

Comment

Re: Girls Southern Cloth For Sale

Originally posted by FancyStar
          Colors are red, golden yellow, and green.

a stop light!! i love it! (j/k)

Comment

okay if you look under crafts ribbonwork it says
            so cloth outfit

it's posted under my name pettus

sorry for confusion
            Well will wonders never cease.....

Comment

So, then, you are saying that is not a tribal ribbonwork applique dress and just because you classify it as a contest dress, anyone can wear it?
              I totally disagree. That has Otoe-Missouri designs, the leaves, and also the way it comes down the front. The Great Lakes tribes, as well as Oklahoma tribes(Sac&Fox, Iowa, Ponca, Otoe, Pawnee) wear this style of dress.
              Oh, and yes, I also believe that those who wear a jingle dress SHOULD have received it in the proper ceremony. It's only respect to the tribe and the original dancers of that medicine dress.
              Also, Kiowas are not the only tribe that wears buckskin dresses. All Tribes wore them before the trade cloth became available. The way you can tell the difference is the style it is made in, and the colors and designs upon it.
              I am from Oklahoma, brought into the arena at WhiteEagle, and have respect for my own tribal clothes. I do not wear anyone elses clothes and I guess I am too old fashioned for this board because I find it offensive to see this attitude towards this tribal dress.
              But, as they say, such is life and this will continue to be done because other tribes will admire a style of dress and decide they want to wear it so they can buy it on the net and put it on.
              But be conscious of the fact that there are still some traditional women, such as my aunties, that will walk up to you at a pow wow and ask you what tribe you are and how you came about wearing those clothes, who gave them to you and at what arena. And if you don't answer properly, they will ask you to take them off because you are disrespecting thier tribe and it's traditional regalia.

Comment

right on RWGIRL!

Here's to Old School and keepn it real!
                The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

good post rwgirl...tellin it like it should be.:)
                  "finding your best friend in life and love is glorious"

Comment

Holy heck..... I just wanted to check out the prices for my little sister.....I'll come back when it aint so, uh, somehow in here........

*sneaks out the back door*
                    ..::First ever 2002-2003 Powwows.com Princess::..
                    ~*~*~* The original POWWOWCHIC49 *~*~*~
                    *~*JINGLE IT*~*

Comment

Be who you are, Know where you come from and do what you feel you got to do. More power to you.

The fact remains, I have a southern cloth outfit for sale.

If anyone is interested, pm me for more info.

Peace on the way!

Comment

Comment

what if

the original seamstress of this dress gave fancystar the right to sell it for her? does that make a difference?

Comment

It's not really the seller, but the fact that it can be bought without properly having the rights to wear it. Mrs. Roberts is a nice person and does nice work, no disrespect to her. I understand she is choctaw/chickasaw to someone must have dressed her for her to wear ponca and otoe clothes. but does this give the right to sell a regalia of a certain tribe. Do the Cherokee get offended if someone, who is not their tribe, wear their dress or can buy it anywhere and put it on and therefore represent cherokee ancestry?

Comment

a lot of women claim cherokee ancestry and make or buy the tear dress what can we do??? take a dress away from them??

what about those of us who make clothes and then take them to trading posts where anyone in the world stopping by can buy them.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X