WOW..is it wrong for ppl to wear...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• storm
    Why you chose to straight dance.
    by storm
    I never had much choice. It is what my folks did. That was OK with me. I will say more after hearing some responses.

You young guys out there have so many more choices nowadays. Why straight dance?
    (No fair sayiin your too old or too fat)
    02-03-2004, 08:51 PM
  • WhoMe
    Chicken Dance History
    by WhoMe
    Undoubtedly, Chicken (Prairie) Dancing is becoming more popular coast-to-coast.

I have seen Navaho, Comanche and Lumbee chicken dancers.

Anybody wanna' venture out and explain this dance? Perhaps the who (tribe/s), what, where, whys and how?
    09-26-2005, 01:25 PM
  • CHEROSAGE
    Contemporary Dance
    by CHEROSAGE
    I was at a dance a while back and heard the contemporary word thrown around a lot. We joked about it, talked about it and never did come to any real definition.

My question is this. What do you all think about this term? Are we simply seeing evolution in the dance or is this something...
    I like to dance contemporary way.
    12.24%
    I like the tradition or old way
    83.67%
    I'm not sure what this stuff is about.
    4.08%
    Who cares.
    0.00%
    02-12-2003, 01:47 AM
  • WhoMe
    Step in the right direction?
    by WhoMe
    This past weekend there was a smoke dance contest in Florida. Some of the winners were not Haudenosaunee.

I predict this will be the beginning of the new evolution of Smoke Dance Contests where other tribes will begin to enter this dance category AND... eventually interpret and express...
    11-23-2007, 09:42 AM
  • Waabi-binesi
    Traditional Anishinaabe Dances
    by Waabi-binesi
    Okay, here's the deal. I want to start dancing next year and I have a problem. First off I want to make this very clear that this is not a criticism of anyone. This is just my personal desire to honour my Ojibway heritage.

I am a full blooded Ojibway from the Saugeen First Nation and...
    09-06-2006, 12:07 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X