Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its November

Anything happening??

anything exciting going on in your life??
    Anything to share with us?

just checking to see if cloth dancers are still alive and kicking???!!!
    Well will wonders never cease.....

Hi Okwataga!

The last exciting thing I did, was to attend my first political rally on October 26. I have never been to one before. It was fun, rather like a rock concert. I took my son and his girlfriend. We sat behind the podium and waved signs and pompoms. I have photos of John McCain, Cindy McCain and South Carolina Senator Lindsay Graham. My son wanted to shake Senator McCain's hand, but we were too high up in the stands to get close enough.

My plans for the winter are to concentrate on helping my daughter with her school-work, clean house, finish my book and continue my genealogy research. I'm really hoping to trace my grandma's family back to it's roots in NC. I have been writing to my aunt and I am waiting for an answer to my last letter.

As to dancing: I would like to do it again. Hopefully, next time, I won't get so out of step as I did this September. I was really nervous.

That's all I can think of for the moment. I was telling TT at the powwow that I am considering making a traditionally correct dress some day, but probably not this year.
    Last edited by neling4; 11-06-2008, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Okwataga View Post
      Anything happening??

Nothing exciting going on here. I went to a couple of small powwows last month and had fun. It looks like powwow attendance is down everywhere do to the economy. We even had some of the annual powwows cancelled due to lack of funds.
      Walk softly on Mother Earth

Comment

Yep kind of a bummer when you can't find a pw to go to on a weekend...

we did get over to wilkesboro, NC for a pretty good first time pw!!!
        Hope they have it next year

Anyone doing any beading or mending and repairs????

Comment

My dress is washed, ironed and put away until the next time.

I still need to clean my moccs. TT told me how to do it, but I have to order what I need from Crazy Crow, unless I can buy it locally.

I would like to make myself a necklace of corn beads like the one TT loaned me for the dance last September. Does anyone know where I can buy corn beads? I bought some in Cherokee two years ago, planted them, harvested them and then planted the crop, but the second crop never materialized.

My grandma had gazoodles of corn beads she raised herself. She gave us a boxful when we were little, and my sister and I made necklaces of them, but my dad doesn't know what became of them. They probably disintegrated.

Comment

Hello everyone.

I've been really busy lately. Just got back from visiting my Uncle again, it was such a busy trip this time and I'm going back again the beginning of the month.

My book is due out in like a week or so and I'm really excited about that.

And I've been doing a dance work out program that I really like and I'm now down a size and going for the next one. I actually think that I am gonna go smaller then what I had originally planned on going.

Neling, the tear corn hasn't really been growing well lately for many people. I do have some, but I need to plant some more again too, I haven't grown any in a couple of years. But there are some who have them, I will look around and see what I can find.

And you did just fine at the pow wow, I didn't notice anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Okwataga View Post
              Anything happening??

oh couse cloth dancing is alive *lol*
              well, im still putting together my outfit . . . its an on and off project. project isnt a good word . . . ill use . . . . a work in progress *lol*. i want to dance so-so bad, but with my currect situation and all my troubles . . . i hate to bring all my negative energy into the arena. so i kinda-sorta made a deal with a fren of mine. i told her i would try to finish my cloth dress my end of march, just in time for the annual fort lewis college powwow in colorado. and hopefully by then, most of my sorrows will have passed

thats what u get 4 breaking my heart...

Comment

I hope things get better for you soon, Mud_Woman.

I hesitated to mention it here, but my husband lost his job...just in time for the holidays! Today is his last day of work. He was let go due to budget cuts at his library. So, instead of doing the things I listed above, I will be looking for a job.
                Last edited by neling4; 11-14-2008, 12:44 PM.

Comment

MW--things will get better. I'm sure of it, they always do.

The same thing for you Neling. I'm sorry to hear about your husbands job, but I'm sure that things will work out just fine for you two. Good luck in finding a job and I hope that you get a good one.

Comment

thank you ttiger

thats what u get 4 breaking my heart...

Comment

Originally posted by timmy tiger View Post
                      'm sorry to hear about your husbands job, but I'm sure that things will work out just fine for you two. Good luck in finding a job and I hope that you get a good one.
                      Thanks. I hope I can get a job. I've been a stay-at-home mom for twenty years, which means my references are rather out-of-date. My husband is looking for another library position. If we don't find something soon, we could lose our house, since we can't pay our mortgage without an income. We also lose our health insurance at the end of the month. It's a scary situation.

Comment

Originally posted by neling4 View Post
                        Thanks. I hope I can get a job. I've been a stay-at-home mom for twenty years, which means my references are rather out-of-date. My husband is looking for another library position. If we don't find something soon, we could lose our house, since we can't pay our mortgage without an income. We also lose our health insurance at the end of the month. It's a scary situation.
                        Sorry to hear about your husband losing his job. I hope that you both will find a position soon. This country is such a mess financially. I know that things will work for the best. I will keep you in my prayers.
                        Walk softly on Mother Earth

Comment

Thank you Traditional Lady.

Comment

You are so welcome MW.

Neling--everything will be okay, don't worry too much about it, just do what you need to do. And you're house will be just fine, you have along time to go before you are even at risk of loosing it as long as you are still caught up right now. With the Bail out right now and everything going on with the Banks, they really are being very kind. So if you get to the point of being at risk, before you freak out send me a PM, I can help you in that area too. It will all be good, don't worry.

Comment

WOW am so sorry to hear about peoples misfortune wish there was more i could do than to wish things turn around for you, but you are in our thoughts and prayers and hope it does turn around soon!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X