Hello everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone

just wanted to liven up the place in here!!!

what's new, hows the weather where you are?

we are expecting FROST TONIGHT!!! REALLY!!!
    Well will wonders never cease.....

Hi Okwataga!

I just checked my local weather report. We are expecting frost up here in Ohio too! 35 degrees tonight, near freezing.

Comment

Hi

Hi there, been awhile since I've been on the site. We had frost up until 2 weeks ago (Western Oregon), then a solid week of pouring down rain. Now it's been 90 degreen for the last 3 days. Nothing like a little shock to the system - everyone is sunburned!

What has everyone been up to? I'm just getting back to beadwork for the first time since my son was born (he's almost 3) and I'm already swamped with orders. Just finishing my son's first outfit - will post pics when I'm finished.

Thinking about a new beaded set for myself if I ever get the time!

Comment

I went to fading voices in Snowbird on Saturday, drove down to Lawrenceville GA for Pow wow on Sunday acme back and worked today for a bit.... getting ready for the 4th of July... this year will be dancing on the grass again - YEAH!!!!!

Comment

we are hoping to come up to cherokee on the 4th too. I'm craving some trout really bad!!!
          Maybe we'll see you in the crowd!

Comment

Look for me saturday night for fancy dance special......
            if you make it come say hi ...

anyone else into anything these days

I know its end of school year and tests and all!!! good luck to students

and congrats to all Grads!!!

Comment

Mom and I are gonna try our best to go this year so I hope to see yall there!
              Don't ever stop dancing

Comment

Well it's the end of July
                did everyone do al lthe exciting things they thought they woudl over the summer?
                can you believe school is about to start?

Comment

Hi Okwataga!

I was just about to upload some new photos for my albums when I saw you were here.

I guess the most exciting things to happen to us are that my son got a job through an internship at his college. It is only a temporary job, but he will earn a little pocket money and get some experience in a work setting.

My daughter is off in Colorado on a camping/hiking vacation trip with her cousins. It was great that they invited her, as we could not afford any vacations this year and she was bored silly at home.

How are things with you, Okwataga?

Comment

just plugging along at work
                    got through the 4th - think it went pretty good.
                    getting ready to head to NM for a few days - otherwise same ole same ole

Comment

Is the New Mexico trip your vacation? I was there about twenty years ago with Mr. Nel to visit relatives and see the sights. Mr. Nel went to college at the U. of NM We like that area a lot. I wouldn't mind going back some day.

BTW, my new photos are up in my family album, if you want to look. Also, I think I may have added a few to some other albums since I talked to you last.
                      Last edited by neling4; 07-24-2009, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Summer has been insane for us.... and to top it all off we are moving right after the 1st of August, so I am packing and packing some more shuffling stuff back and forth to storage and packingand unpacking for powwows.... I need a vacation....
                        Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Comment

Ok in most places school is in... how do you balance school and the days your kids are ALLOWED to be absent to going to pow wows - do you stay close to home... or how do you pick and choose????

And being that Fall is right around the corner - any new dresses made over the summer? new beadwork????

Comment

1st day of school is tomorrow for us, and my 2nd grader is actually happy to go!! Okwataga- I have been watching the progress on the new school in Cherokee- WOW!! Hubby's Dad was at the ribbon cutting with Mandy Swimmer and some others. He said it was beyond beautiful.
                            As for new projects- haha gotta finish the ones I've started..... and am itching to make a new dress for me... when I can find the time. Got some potential orders coming in ( I hope) so that will eat up some days.

Comment

Originally posted by Okwataga View Post
                              just plugging along at work
                              got through the 4th - think it went pretty good.
                              getting ready to head to NM for a few days - otherwise same ole same ole
                              Oh- have to say that the July 4th Pow Wow was awesome!!! Your grounds were so nice this year. Dana and Alisha wished they had brought regalia....
                              Kudos!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X