Crow stylin'!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crow stylin'!

Man I love watching dem Crow ladies dance to a double beat style song!!! Looks kinda like a forward moonwalk! Super keen! My neice is Crow (Birdinground) and I'm trying to help her. She's visiting here in Oklahoma for the summer. How the heck do I help her with those double beat steps?

Take her to Crow Fair? *L
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Lol

We have camp at Crow Fair. She's been there every year since she was born. She's from LG. She's only 8 years old and just starting dancing. My family gifted her with a skirt and blouse set to dance southern style, but her broadcloth skirt was stolen a few weeks ago. (BTW if folks could keep a look out for an orange broadcloth skirt with embroidered roses we'd really appreciate it! Her last name is embroidered on the inside too) So she's dancing in her Crow clothes this summer, although she probably won't use her elk tooth dress since it's so dang hot down here.

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltagz View Post
        So she's dancing in her Crow clothes this summer, although she probably won't use her elk tooth dress since it's so dang hot down here.

tribal,

I would suggest you take her around Kiowa country. The Kiowa have an ancestral relationship that continues to today with the Crow.
        Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Video tape Dora Old Elk or ask her to send you her own vids! ayyeee
          The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

aho

Thanks for the great info. I suppose down here the question is purely academic anyway, since I very much doubt she'd ever get a double beat song down here in Oklahoma. Just trying to get some discussion started. The Old Elk are relatatives. Looking forward to her pow-wowing with us this summer. She'll be coming down after Crow Native Days and staying until Crow Fair.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X