Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for old pictures of ojibwe woman in dress

Boozhoo

I´m looking for some good old pictures of ojibwe woman in their dance outfits.
    I want to make my first powwow regalia outfit... right now I´m working on my black velvet belt with floral pattern. And then I wanna do my leggins with the same beading pattern.

Now my question: What will be the best dress for that? Just a t-dress made of calico? Or just a skirt?

I hope that you can give me some advice.

Miigwech

Linimama

Originally posted by linimama View Post
    Boozhoo

I´m looking for some good old pictures of ojibwe woman in their dance outfits.
    I want to make my first powwow regalia outfit... right now I´m working on my black velvet belt with floral pattern. And then I wanna do my leggins with the same beading pattern.

Now my question: What will be the best dress for that? Just a t-dress made of calico? Or just a skirt?

I hope that you can give me some advice.

Miigwech

Linimama
    You really can't just copy from pictures. What if the family sees that you've taken their designs and used them for yourself. You should be seeking help from your family and friends.
    Wanjica Infinity No One

Comment

Each of the bands of Ojibwe dressed slightly differently so it is best to consult your elders and your relatives for guidance. In addition, the state historical societies in MN, ND, WI have online photo archives where you might find some historic photos from your area of interest.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Suzizila
        two piece dresses
        by Suzizila
        Hi everyone!

I was just going through some old threads today about jingle dress patterns...a one piece made from an extended men's ribbon shirt pattern with under skirt attached....and checked out the Little Crow Trading Post site....their site showed a jingle dress that was a two piece...
        01-09-2012, 02:41 PM
      • Ozaawana
        jingle dress pattern and help
        by Ozaawana
        ahneen!

i have decided to make my little fellow shinaab homegirl a jingle dress. my family wasnt big in the powwow scene growing up so i dont have much access to regalia making knowledge. when i asked my mama her first suggestion was to look online.

i want to make it really...
        10-16-2003, 10:17 PM
      • short apache girl
        t-cloth dress?
        by short apache girl
        Hello i have not been the powwow circle in awhile due to personal issues. All of my regalias and etc. were taken from me from my x husband. So it has been almost 8 to 9 yrs i haven't danced. I am adopted comanche and i am about 25% apache. not like it matter of the percentage. just info. lol. My adopted...
        11-14-2010, 01:49 AM
      • 2012amy
        New Dancer introducing her self with questions!
        by 2012amy
        Hi everyone. My name is Amy and I'm in Ohio, I wanted to write a little about my self and about jingle dancing. I am partblood Oglala Lakota. Several months ago a vision came to me in a dream, in which an Elder woman appeared and said "you will dance for me", I later envisioned a jingle...
        06-26-2008, 02:33 PM
      • dakotamom818
        New Dancer
        by dakotamom818
        Hello everyone, I'm a new dancer and am going to start making my first dress (with the help of my aunty). I would like to know what kind of material does everyone use? Satin? Solid colors or calico? Trade cloth?

Any help is useful and appreciated!!

Thanks!!
        01-07-2009, 09:19 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X