Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does apache ladies dance in t dresses too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does apache ladies dance in t dresses too?

hello i dance in the camp dress and velvet shirt with conchos well u know it looks like navajo style. well any ways i was wondering if apaches can wear
    t dresses and what r the ascories to wear? and how to tell the differents from knowing it apache not kiowa. i do dance comache style t dress. just curious???????????????? thanks.

Originally posted by short apache girl View Post

hello i dance in the camp dress and velvet shirt with conchos well u know it looks like navajo style. well any ways i was wondering if apaches can wear
    t dresses and what r the ascories to wear? and how to tell the differents from knowing it apache not kiowa. i do dance comache style t dress. just curious???????????????? thanks.

shortness,

There are federally recognized Apache tribes in Arizona, New Mexico and Oklahoma.

The two Apache tribes in Oklahoma are the Ft. Sill Apache and the Apache Tribe of Oklahoma (formerly the Kiowa Apache). I believe the women of the Apache Tribe of Oklahoma wear T dresses as their traditional clothing. Other Apache have married other tribes or were formally given the right to wear other tribe's T dresses. . . and do so proudly.
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by whome View Post
      shortness,

there are federally recognized apache tribes in arizona, new mexico and oklahoma.

The two apache tribes in oklahoma are the ft. Sill apache and the apache tribe of oklahoma (formerly the kiowa apache). I believe the women of the apache tribe of oklahoma wear t dresses as their traditional clothing. Other apache have married other tribes or were formally given the right to wear other tribe's t dresses. . . And do so proudly.
      ok thanks and what r the accories they wear? The t choker?

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.