No announcement yet.

Are cloth dancers boring or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AT this one big pow-wow in Marksville,La I heard that this one big name traditional women dancer was drunk as a skunk. She was going up and down the hotel hallways knocking on peoples doors and such. Then she ended up passing out on her bed, with the door wide open and bucked naked, sprawled out!
    GAW

Oh yeah and this one time at band camp..........
    Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

man go pick on your own fancydancers leave the cloths alone.....

this one time at 4th this girl twisted her ankle........
      Well will wonders never cease.....

Comment

What? DO NOT GO THERE!!! YOU WILL NOT WIN!!!

Besides with your bum knee, I could kick you and run away laughing! HA HA hA!!!:tongue11: :good&evil
        Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

I think more S. Cloth women should come on and just say hello. Why is it that some people get all stuck up when they are in their outfits. Like they are better then everyone. I hate that. I hope that I am never like that. I mean come on. My daughter who is four years old enjoys dancing. She chooses to compete. I have told her and all my nephews "That it don't matter if you win or loose as long as you have fun." I think alot more parents should put that in there kids heads. I work very hard giving my girls everything their hearts desire. If we place then great shopping money if not oh well at least we tried, and had fun. Thought I would share my two cents.:dancer:
          Ur A Dork

Comment

My husband and his friends always get a kick out of watching this one woman dance. She has this big"o" J-LO booty. When she round dances she makes everything sway. Her feet are in time , but the upper half is not. :o Clearly when it's contest time and things start to get boring , watching her catagory run thru ,its not. :Eyepopper

Comment

i don't think we're snubbing anyone just cause we don't say hi and talk to everyone.....
              i tend to stay back watch others and see how they are, dosen't make me think i'm better than anyone at all....
              i just find some women are more reserved

Comment

yeppers...

I agree with what you're saying CYSA! That's how exactly how I am. I just mind my own business and enjoy the powwow and dancing. My sister likes to really talk and visit with people but I'm the exact opposite. I mean, I'm not rude to people if they want to talk to me but I'm just really reserved. I also get the feeling sometime that everyone wants to talk to my sister because she beads. Damn!! I've even had people come up and ask if I bead like she does and I reply no, they just rudely turn around and walk away! After that they act odd towards me! People are just stink! Aye! :D

Comment

I'm the same way.I don't feel like I gotta campain for votes or jocking for position. I sew and bead for very few. I count my good friendz with one hand. I just like to go to a dance and chill.:p

Comment

I have a Cloth story (even though I am Fancy). This year was the first year I actually saw Southern Traditonal dancers at a powwow. Reason being, all my life I have gone to extreme northern powwows and ventured into the US this year. Anyhoo, not the point...

Well, a very good friend of mine (who shall remain nameless;)) came to Brooklyn powwow with me. We were scrambling to get dressed for GE and I realized that I forgot my skirt where we were staying. I have a red satin/sequined shirt that I wear that went perfectly with one of her sets. Anyways, I decided to roll southern steelo to be able to participate in GE.

Ladies and gentlemen I looked like a ba$tard. I was basically doing the Northern style steps in the middle of all these Southern ladies. I kept turning back to me friend asking where to put my hands and stuff becuase they were empty. Near the end of the song, I finally got into the groove of things but it was too late.

Seriously though, after seeing all the regalia this summer I have to admit that I think Cloth dancing is sooooo beautiful. I love the was yall bend during honour beats. And the crowns and the patterns on the skirts. Beautiful.
                    Got percap?

Comment

I have to admit I love S. Trad. dancing.
                      Ur A Dork

Comment

Hey Jibby

You wore one of Super's Dud's? Her stuff is pretty. Lucky you. Wouldn't mind looking thru her closet.:Angel:

Comment

Cloth ladies have just as much drama as other people. They just don't show it. LOL They have thier share of husband/boyfriend problems, having babies, partying out of control, creating drama at the pow wow, cheating/being cheated on, etc. etc.
                          They just don't talk about it, or air it out as visibly, I guess.
                          Pow Wow people are just like everyone else with their daily lives. It just seems more accessible because they spend their weekends with the same group of people, just about, all summer long. So everyone knows just about everything, about everyone else. Who is with whom, or who is having a baby and who the father is, what went down at the so called 49 (just parties now, in my opinion).
                          We really need our own TV reality show. That would be crazy. No telling what would show up. Our own indian celebraties and all of that. Pow Wow Real TV, the real story.

Comment

Gaw, for real! i knwo a couple of people the camera would just be followign around 'cause their family always seesm to be in somekind of drama with their on again-off again relationships,partner abuse and so on!!

Comment

so in this thread are we wanting to start some fireworks....?

if so, ask a very two sided question...

like should non indian women compete or wear our cloth dresses? even if they are not competing but just dancing the intertribals, shoudl they be state or fed carded? or can they be married to a native to dance/ and dress?

how's that ?

Comment

hahaha... another funny one from jibbs...
                                i'm from the north too (montana) and when i first saw southern ladies... i was like "what are they doing? why are they bending over?" it was a total trip, cause i hadn't been exposed to that style of dance yet. i was used to only seein' northern ladies. but i must say, there are some very graceful southern ladies that i like to watch!
                                but hey.. i MUST represent us northern ladies... southern aren't the only cloth dancers out there... there's northern ladies too. since i dress in my elk tooth (crow) its always SOO HARD cause i'm out there with a buncha southerners dancin' to a southern song. it's SOOO hard to stay on beat, esp. when the drum picks up w/the three quick "honor beats"... it's like a studder step for me... haha, i'm always laughin' to myself cause i know i can't always stick with the drum. i'm used to the 5-7 honor beats where i can still stay in step and jamm!
                                but i love dancin' n. tradish...
                                "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X