What kidn of material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kidn of material

do you prefer to make your cloth outfit out of?

and what for your shawl?

if the skirt part is kind of see through(i mean that light canget throught, not sheer) or even if it is solid - do you wear slips?
    Well will wonders never cease.....

....i love pure 100% small print cotton calicos and the pure 100% natural cotton muslin for the dress an apron....

....for the shawl I love a blend of cotton and silk or all silk in solid colors....no fringe, instead the entire shawl is decarated with quilting in diamond patterns....

all this it may not have that flash like some cloth dancers but it looks great and is pure elegance:Angel2
    BIG CHEEKS, BIG BOOBS, SMALL WAIST, PRETTY FACE & A TIGHT A*S*S

Comment

I borrowed one shawl from a friend that made my hair static clingy all weekend :Crazy It drove me nuts!

I think it may of been polyester or something, it was a thick material, not good on what material is what!

All's I know is ~ I don't think she used Downy! :NoNo :Crazy
      If there ain't soccer in heaven ~ I ain't going!!

Comment

I love my old sturdy polyester shawl.....i don't think i can convert to the single panel shawls that are popular today. Something about fumbling w/the folds in my shawl to get it JUST RIGHT is kind of comforting & the thinkness of the entire thing helps w/the way it sways while i dance.
        *BE EASY*

Comment

Originally posted by BIG CHEEKS
          ....i love pure 100% small print cotton calicos and the pure 100% natural cotton muslin for the dress an apron....

....for the shawl I love a blend of cotton and silk or all silk in solid colors....no fringe, instead the entire shawl is decarated with quilting in diamond patterns....

all this it may not have that flash like some cloth dancers but it looks great and is pure elegance:Angel2
          i never seen that before. doesn't sound too tradish.

Comment

i have a tear dress-- 100% cotton small print calico, the tradit fabric for the dress (and man, i likes nat. fibers, otherwise i sweat and get icky-- imagine pleats and pleats of poly in a tear dress in texas summer? sti-icky),
            cotton bike shorts underneath:),
            leather mocs,
            poly/cotton blend full-size shawl w/ fringe and poly ribbonwork,
            and a cotton scarf w/ a bell on the tip (think large bandana triangle tied loosely arond the neck w/ the knot in front)-- a gift from my moma and was a slightly post contact period fashion for my tribe (as well as tiny bells tied to mocs-- get drowned out in the arena, but i like the tinkle sound when i'm walking around the shopping part)-- helps soak up the back of neck sweat:)
            mix of cotton woven and leather belts,
            mixed-fabric (poly, cotton, and both) purse.

-synj
            I am me, and that's all i can be;
            no more, no less.

Comment

Ladies, Ladies. These dresses are very pretty and I admire those that wear their tribal dress.....big size butt or not. I've seen some large women in dresses that carry themselves well therefore look nice.
              Last edited by Teh Hunga; 03-28-2005, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X