what is the rule ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the rule ?

I am new to dancing and i'm wondering what is the rule on dancing while pregnant. i just found out i'm pregnant and don't know if i can still dance! Please help

Why not??? Unless it would be harmful to your health I have never heard that you can't. Have seen women dance. May want to stop when you can't get in the clothes anymore. Have seen one down here dance fancy up to 2 weeks before.:D

Comment

I've danced while I was pregnant(twice) and I have some friends that dance now also
      So why not dance:Jumping:
      just make sure you take care of yourself
      Well will wonders never cease.....

Comment

Personally, this is up to you and the traditions of our tribe. I was told your not suppose to but nowadays alot of people do. Myself I danced when I very first found out and wasn't even showing(much) but now, I don't. I'm to rotound plus depending on what style you do you may hurt the baby. Most people that dance through out there pregnancy usually do traditional.
        Iwas going to go to a pow-wow this weekend and dance but decided against just because I was told my some elders awhile back that to dance when your pregnant is to offer your baby back to the spirits. But then that is not a way from my tribe so I think it varies on yourself and your tribe.

But hay, that is just me opinoin!!!!:Chatter :Chatter :Chatter
        Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

Just curious, which tribe and which elder?
          Personally I've never been told that I could not dance. just not during moons.

Comment

:clap: let me make sure everyone understands, I'm not saying anything to fancy...
            we know each other I know where she's from we're just joking...:Flash
            :Angel: because she da bomb and she knows it ( at least while shes pregnant)

Comment

And you know this MAN!!!!!!:D
              Anywho, you know those ones that come and stay with me for our pow-wows? Ya' those ones. And I know what you are thinking next, is well, Oklahoma. So maybe, huh, I don't know!
              Wait what was the question again?

If you feel you can do it then do it, if you are having issues about it then don't! I understand that it's a hard concept but hey, it's ( que music) It's a hard knock life for us, it's a hard knock life for us.
              ( I love that Annie movie!!!!)

Peeze out!!!
              Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

What's a matter fancy to much candy from last night?????!!!!

Comment

A year ago at Matoon I saw a Northern Cloth dancer compete AND win the women's traditional contest. She had a big ole' belly!! But she did look elegant.

I've heard yea and nay. Like was said if you feel uncomfortable then I wouldn't.

I had my NDN Princess 2001 dancing nine months before she was born!!:D And she's still in the circle.

Also, all I have ever seen the mommies to be dance was traditional.
                  "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X