To Cami or not to Cami?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Cami or not to Cami?

My daughter loves blue cameoflauge. She wants her new dress to have the complementing ruffle, and sleeves to have blue cami instead of the material I originally bought. (that is no longer suitable) We hunted and hunted for some hawks with a blue background (main part of dress will be plain blue) but no such luck, she found some blue cami stuff she wants, that yes compliments the material nice ..... but for a Pow Wow? I don't care to see cami period(for Pow Wow clothes), or material with flags for clothes ... to me it's just tacky.

What do ya'll think? Am I really that stuck up?
    Last edited by Tsiniti; 12-31-2003, 07:17 PM.
    Your Heart Shows by how Your Words and Actions Affect Others.

Nah I ain't NO WANNABE! I don't gotta wannabe when people wannabe like me!

Not to cami! ;)
    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

let's see, uh.... no. We need not see camouflage in the arena. Krogers and the Piggly Wiggly are doing just fine in that area!
      Poetry is life in print.

https://poetryislifeinprint.wordpress.com/

https://www.facebook.com/KarlieCharlesSoftball/

Comment

Well if it fits in with your Tsalagi heritage then go for it, but you already know the answer - gawd!

Comment

Camoflauge?? Ask her who is she wanting to hide from? Ayyye.. just kidding. I have heard of alot of things that when you hear bout them you just go "ugh" but then when it's done, it surprises ya...but camo... i just can't see it... NO pun intented...:p

Comment

What do ya'll think? Am I really that stuck up?
            Well, since you asked don't take offense, BUT what in the H3LL are you? NO NO NO camouflage.

I don't think you're stuck up, just lost somewhere. Please find yourself, your daughter needs correct teachings!

Comment

Anti-cami

I vote for no cami. I also vote no for cartoon characters. I have seen the Little Mermaid and Mickey Mouse in the arena. It's just not very traditional.
              Seeing the result of our actions should not be why we act; it should be the action itself.

Comment

are u serious? :Chatter
                The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Hey Super,
                  If cami does come on the scene, does that mean we'll see Southern women donning those super market moomoos as Cherokee Tear dresses?
                  Poetry is life in print.

Comment

Originally posted by Homalosa
                    Hey Super,
                    If cami does come on the scene, does that mean we'll see Southern women donning those super market moomoos as Cherokee Tear dresses?
                    you mean you haven't already seen that? ;)
                    The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Now why ya gotta pick on the sisters of da sacred Moo clan???:Chatter :p
                      SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

I vote ix-nay on the ammo-cay.
                        SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

and I vote o-nay on the oo-may oo-may!
                          Poetry is life in print.

Comment

Now why haven't we seen cami on outfits before?
                            Oh wait I know, because it's WIERD!!!:Eyepopper

Ok All teasing aside! Sorry couldn't help it!
                            It would depend on how you use it and the amount you use on the outfit! Like if you were going to use it for maybe a design on top of a design type thing! Try it, it might look pretty cool!
                            But if your talking a skirt made out of just cami,
                            Then Annie Get Your Gun, ya'll be warrin' wit' some peoples!!
                            Tell your little girl that you could maybe make a design with it but not "going to war and need a skirt to wear" all out!

While it might not be traditional, well traditionally we wouldn't be dancin' for money in sequins and satin back in the day anyways!
                            Traditionally speaking!

Hell, when girls came out with sequin shawls, and women come out with outfits made out of liquid lame`, I'm sure people thought that was totally inappropriate!

Just watch how you use it! Little, you could probably slide by with!
                            All Cami'ed out with the face paint, they might send you to the middle east to fight!
                            Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

I can only speak for myself, it would not be a good idea I think. I am Ponca, Sac&Fox and Otoe and I think my grandma would haunt me if I let my girls wear something like what you are talking about. But that is just me, maybe you would feel different or your tribe may be different.....But me, I am a stick in the mud on issues like what is proper and traditional to wear. Old school is my point, wear your own tribal clothes, etc.etc.
                              So cami is beyond my realm of thinking for cloth dancers.
                              I am thankful for my grandparents, my parents, my brothers, my aunties and uncles, my children, my companion and all of those who influenced me to be strong and proud of being who I am and where I come from. Knowledge is power

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X