Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas

Hey ladies. I am over the youth council in my tribe here in Alabama, and I am trying to get a youth retreat strted for this summer. I was hoping maybe you ladies would have some ideas that I coud use..
    Hope to hear from you soon..

Thanks
    Audrey
    to dance is to pray, to pray is to live, to live is to dance

up north on my rez this lady named Aiyanna Smith helps with our youth. She actually did a good job. and theres another lady Paula Collins does our youth council and they travel all over the place..i'll try to get some idea's for ya.
    blah blah blah....

Comment

Like a native youth camp?

There's a native week or so here for the native youth in dallas.

They have some pow-wow people put on a little show... and come and describe their dance styles and display the pieces to their regalia.

Someone comes and helps them create shawls and beadwork on different nites. They have a frybread cooking class and a drum comes and talks about their group and the pow-wow circuit and singing...
      they also have some native artists talk about their stuff.

Its pretty interesting and fun for the kids.
      The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

We have a cultural camp for about 2-3 weeks in the Summer. It's pretty cool they teach beadwork, different crafts, take hikes and since it's all Natives, they have sweats, one for the girls and another way down stream for the boys.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X