"old school" dancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• RainyDaze49
    Northern Womens Cloth
    by RainyDaze49
    In new mexico, women dance this style walking. But when I went to Kansas all the women stood in one place and dipped. I just followed everyone else but noticed it burnt the heck outta my calves. Whats the correct way to dance this style? I thought it was only the southern womens cloth that danced this...
    06-22-2002, 06:45 PM
  • CrimsonHalo
    A matter of preference???
    by CrimsonHalo
    I've been lookin around trying to figure out where I can post this question....this seems like a good spot, so here goes...
    I went to a pow-wow a few months ago in Naperville and saw a dancer wearing a derby (?) hat. My question is whether that is a matter of preference or is that a tribal/regional...
    12-11-2006, 06:17 PM
  • Kakeeya
    Women's Traditional Southern Round dance
    by Kakeeya
    I've been to a few powwows lately and have noticed that when the Women Southern traditional do their round dances, they have two very different styles of dancing. I have always seen the ladies dancing the slow graceful "walk" style and they bow their heads down. Lately I have been seeing...
    08-28-2003, 08:29 PM
    What I have decided
    by Guest
    I figured that you may want to know why I have been asking all of the questions that I have been asking as of late. I have had a hard time, "deciding" what to dance and the like. Kind of like I could not make up my mind, "so to say". If I had caused any "anger" or bad feelings...
    03-03-2003, 01:01 AM
  • Tiyospaye Yazzie
    Southern or Northern
    by Tiyospaye Yazzie
    Which style has more understood and which style is most popular?
    03-09-2005, 06:34 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X