Southern Style & Crowns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• wiconiwakan21
    question for southern dancers
    by wiconiwakan21
    I've got a question. At powwows, theres always the southern dancers that wear a crown whether it be with southern buckskin or southern cloth. my question to you ladies is what does the crown represent? it may seem silly but ive always wondered why southern traditional wear crowns. also what is the reason...
    07-12-2005, 10:18 PM
  • eucheefolife
    Do u have to b a princess to wear a beaded crown
    by eucheefolife
    ok umm i was just wondering do u have to b a princess (or been a princess) to wear a beaded crown ???? thanks

peace love and frybread grease
    01-19-2004, 01:45 AM
  • BearGS
    Crowns??? Who really has the right to wear them all the time?
    by BearGS
    I have heard so many different things in our travels around the country.
    Southern style buckskin and cloth, this is what I was told and I am not stating this is what I know for fact.

#1 They are from the cheif clan and they can wear the crowns...
    #2 They were princess and
    12-23-2004, 10:19 AM
  • dancingbeauty
    Crowns
    by dancingbeauty
    I was just wondering is it appropriate to wear a crown even though u were never crowned princess. I have a friend who is a traditional dancer that wears one, but was never crowned princess of anything. And also what is the correct height for one they seem to be getting taller and taller each year.
    05-15-2004, 11:58 PM
  • peekaboo
    Crowns!crowns! And More Crowns!
    by peekaboo
    IS IT ME OR DOES IT SEEM LIKE ALMOST EVERY WOMAN SOUTHERN DANCER HAVE A CROWN NOW A DAYS?

I REMEMBER SEEING CROWNS ONCE IN A WHILE ON SOUTHERN DANCERS BUT IT SEEMS ALL THE WOMEN AND EVEN THE LITTLEST GIRLS HAVE THESE BIG ELABORATE CROWNS?

I'M NOT KNOCKING THEM JUST DON'T...
    05-13-2003, 09:46 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X