Eagle Plumes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

humm..

I do believe every tribe has different traditions regarding eagle feathers. for my maternal tribe, eagle plumes are worn for protection so alot of the times babies all the way to elderly women have eagle plumes. and for my dads tribe, eagle feathers are shared for ceremonies and kept within families and used for prayers. I got my plumes from my dad, he gave me the plumes off his family's eagle, and its my first time using plumes. I wore a single black and white because for my moms tribe, it means i'm a single maiden and I am open to marriage. It all depends on the tribe.
    '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,
    SOUTHERN STYOZ
    '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,

Comment

Plumes help

Hi every one I'm james gifford. I am wondering how to make imitation aka fake plumes? And how to put the feathers on skewers pleas help.
      Life is what you make it.
      Remember to all ways smile no matter how your day is. All ways remember your relatives and annsesters.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

how do you earn plumes?
        by Guest
        I was wondering how do you earn plumes?Do you have to dance good to earn them.I need plumes thats why , but my grandma told me i have to earn them ,but heres the thing i don't know what to do to earn them.can you gals tell me.Pppplease!!!j/k
        fancystar_147...
        07-21-2002, 12:24 AM
      • sophisticated_lady
        plumes
        by sophisticated_lady
        Hi,
        does anyone think that you can use turkey plumes for feathers instead of eagle plumes or the fake marabuboas? Cause I`m not a big fan of those marabu thingys and I have turkey
        03-01-2004, 05:36 PM
      • PeiganPrincess
        Eagle Plumes???
        by PeiganPrincess
        I am from Alberta Canada And Am wondering if anyone out there is willing to sell or trade eagle plumes? they are for my daughter she is looking for plumes around 7-9 inches in length please e-mail me @ [email protected] with all responses!
        12-12-2004, 01:29 AM
      • sac&fox06
        How you get such big plumes
        by sac&fox06
        I would just like to know how you make plumes so thick and tall? I have several eagle plumes that are around 8inches but they are not thick like most ladies i see wearing these days nor as tall?

How do you attatch the plumes to your barretts?
        08-22-2006, 02:11 PM
      • Moosa09
        Plumes
        by Moosa09
        You see I'm a fancy shawl dancer, but I haven't been dancing long, maybe 5 years. I don't own any plumes though, to go with my outfit. People tell me to get them from Wild Life Preservation, or to buy them from a store. But I strongly believe that people should only where feathers that are A: given...
        05-07-2007, 06:08 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X