Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick a color!

I thought this might be fun....
    The attached photo shows a cape I recently finished. Now I want to make a shawl or two to go with it. Vote in the poll for your first choice in color for the shawl.
    Attached Files
    Black
    23.26%
    Aqua blue
    20.93%
    White
    25.58%
    Metallic gold
    6.98%
    None/Other color
    23.26%

The poll is expired.

I think that white would look nice with it if you want to make everything blend softer. The aqua blue would be cool too, its like a contrast to those colors in the cape. It would be a bolder, and sharper look. The metallic for the entire shawl would be going a little far, you know?

Kim
    TARHEEL BORN, TARHEEL BRED, WHEN I DIE I'LL BE TARHEEL DEAD!

MizzQaqimat's Space

Comment

I like the black, but I can sure see alot of metallic also!!! I would definitely use it! Don't think I would do the aqua but that is just me. You really have a good thing to work with.. I can see why you could use some help deciding!
      "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

How about making a reversable shawl? Then you could have your two favorite colors from the list provided.

Comment

You may hate yourself in the morning for using white, but how about a very pale pink version of your background and add black and metallic ribbon?
          Instead of telling God how big your storm is, tell your storm how big your God is!

Comment

Black always looks nice....

But, since you have black around the edge of your yoke, and more black ribbon than other colors, I would suggest using a color other than black for the shawl for the contrast. (it would attract more attention)

That sure is a sharp looking yoke.... good job!! (wish i were so talented)

I would probably go with MuzeBl's suggestion on a pale pink color or the white, but then use mostly black (with some of the matching colors from your yoke) with the fringe off of the shawl.
            I am who I am. No more, no less.

Comment

COLOR PICKED

:Wave Black would be great w/ pink lining. What about design on shawl? I think the same design placed horizontal across the bottom of shawl would be perfect.:Thumbs
              ~;{(@**fancy_flutterby_dncr~tha' dncr formerly known as *DLBRIGHTEYES*~**@)};~

Comment

Thanks for the input ladies!

Yeah, I just might do a double-sided shawl. I am working on a wide matching ribbon strip for one side of the shawl. I don't have any "flash" in the outfit so far but am thinking of using small amounts of the metallic gold/yellow for accent.

The ribbon fringe on the yoke doesn't have to be black, I can change that.

Comment

Czechy,
                  I like the idea of the light shade of pink. If you do a double sided shawl, I think that you should definitely use colors that really contrast eachother, like a dark and a light...
                  ..hey! So that's where your time's been going..now I get it...just kidding around.
                  Have a good one!
                  Lauren.

Comment

Still have to stick with the black. The pink would be too pale. Don't know if you're planning on contesting or not but the judges tend to shy away from pastels, they do not show up well across the arena.
                    I have seen the black on black and it looks rich. Actually it doesn't take away from the design. And you still get the movement of the fringe. The other colors is what brings it all together. ok... I have said my piece... I'll go back to my own forum now.... ;)
                    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

First I must say very nice work.. I personally would go w/ aqua blue, it would be a nice contrast, and adding black, pink and the white would be beautiful on the shawl. I also agree w/ making a reversable shawl. I too am a fancy dancer, and I've never really seen anything of the sort. anyways good luck. :flaming:
                      The dance is a poem of which each movement is a word.
                      --Mata Hari

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X