Shawl for a child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawl for a child

What size satin should I use for a childs shawl? For my shawls I use 60 inch fabric. Wouldn't that be too wide? It's going to be double sided with 14' satin fringe. I read a previous post that the length should be from fingertip to fingertip.

I dunno if it goes for children too, but I was told that you can measure from the backs of the thighs, to the nape of the neck, i dunno, just what i was told

Comment

Ok.. I'm gonna use that as a guide.

Thanks ;)

Comment

cool, what colors are you using? (dont remember if ya mentioned )much luck !

Comment

I'm using lavendar satin with dark purple, black and white ribbon.
          I cut the material wrong now I have to go by more satin

Do you have any tips for sewing on the ribbon? I think I saw a thread on how to do that.. I'm gonna search for it.

Comment

I dont know how ribbion id done, but i can find out for you if you cant find anything. OOO pretty purples :) that is going to be so cute!

Comment

If I need any more tips I will e-you. If I know of anyone I will let you know. I figured it out this weekend. Satin is just so hard to work with .. it's very delicate and snags easily.

Thanks!:D

Comment

i have a question, okay, my shawl is going to be made out of pannels, should I just cut the pannels like a quilt and sew together? or what I have no idea, i am thinking that would be the right way to do it, and then put backing on it, but wanted to get another opinion

Comment

When I use panels on a shawl, I cut out the panel, then iron on the fuse on (or wonder-under) to the panel, and then iron on the panel to the shawl. The fuse on just makes life a little easier. All of the designs go on flat and are easier to sew.
                  :huddle: Learn to associate with the white man, learn his ways, get an education. With an education, you are his equal; without it, you are his victim. - Chief Plenty Coups, Crow

Comment

OO didnt even think of that, thanks!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X