Favorite Giveaway Gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Giveaway Gifts

Going to be a Grandma again! Hopefully a girl.......She's due in May so we're starting to get giveaway stuff together. Didnt want to give the same ole' stuff to the Head Lady, etc. So I figured I'd get some ideas from ya'll. If you were receiving a gift from a giveaway what would you like but very rarely get?

Fav Giveaway gifts:

Homemade Jelly, stuff thats hard to come by like elderberry or chokecherry

or
    Handmade Quilts/Pillows

I'm getting stuff together too, so I hope to see more ideas on this list...
    If I'm not on pws.com, Im busy stacking Commods.

Comment

Originally posted by sldodson
      If you were receiving a gift from a giveaway what would you like but very rarely get?
      __

sldn:

Hmmmmm?

Let's see?

I haven't seen too many head lady dancers receive diamonds, pearls or gold lately. Maybe, I have been going to the wrong powwows?

*L

j/k
      Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

I Love Give-aways!!!!!

its like a little surprise party--i love give-aways, i like that they are honoring me but more i love to see what other people think of to give away!!!! :rating10:

when my friend graduated from law school his family gave out baskets of stuff, it had an inexpensive blanket, some dishtowels, some cookies and fruit, a couple of sodas, packaged food and some candy. what i liked about it was that these were useful things--my friends ate most of the food before we left the powwow. and the other things i could use on a daily basis.

I love to get fabric--three or four yards of anything!!! because when i make something out of it i remember where it came from an i appreciate it more. i have some awesome fabric i am going to make my man some leggings out of (if he's a good boy) :medal!:

also one time i got these awesome panel sheer curtains. I love them. they werent expensive--from walmart--but they were definitely something i might not have bought for myself.
        i like dishtowels or a nice bowl or just little things i might not always treat myself too. one time i got this awesome candle with a ceramic lid of butterflies--you know one of those big ten dollar candles nobody ever buys themselves!!! :flowers:

my sister in law she likes to get the little baskets of lotion and body wash--especially when you are at a hot sweaty powwow!! and picnic ware for her powwow camping or lawn chairs!!

dont get me wrong i like a pendleton as much as the next person but sometimes a person can have too many blankets to use. i think sometimes we forget that give-aways are about honoring people--its not about taking out a second mortgage on your house to impress people. the best giveaway gifts are the little treats that you give someone knowing that they will be able to enjoy it. oooh and i like when people make little bags of candy for the kids to keep them included.

good luck and congrats on the baby!!!

Comment

I'd love to get some nice beads, or a few of my favorite things (boiled peanuts, pretty baskets, fabric, etc.). I'm usually just honored that somebody thought enough of me to recognize me. :)
          SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

The partylite candles smell sooooo good! They melt wonderfully! The home interiors candles are grand! Peach, cucumber melon, and straaaaawberry *drool* hehe
            SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Haaahaa, I just went to my first partylite candle party this weekend...Have you smelled the Fig & Lychee? Too expensive for me to get a lot of them for giveaway though.

I just wanted to add, One of my aunts makes little sewing kits with material, scissors, thread, needles, etc., and also adds little bags of cedar or white sage with them.
              If I'm not on pws.com, Im busy stacking Commods.

Comment

Great ideas, keep em coming

Ya'll got some great ideas! I agree on the too many blankets, etc. that's why I was asking. We were thinking about a snack box for the drum and maybe putting in some bitterroot, lemons, cough drops, etc. May post on the drum forum and get some input from them.

Comment

Give Away

At my daughters give away, my husband made a squash blossom necklace and earrings for the head lady. I made a navajo wedding basket with willow and sheep wool. an abalone shell filled with sweetgrass and cut beads. A fringe shawl plain was also with it. My husband is a Silver smith. For the drums, we had also abalone shells,tobacco, water, drum cover made from scrap pendelton blanket material. Imitation eagle feathers that look real, they were made by my daughters God Grandfather, he makes feathers look like the real thing. I also gave the drum group dry indian tea and made cold Indian tea for when they sang at the powwow. i also gave them material and chunks of sleeping beauty turquise stones in hanks of strings to make what ever they wanted. For the baby to be born my youngest now. I gave away a Baby Pendleton blanket, Sterling silver Rattle, baby moccassins(beaded) and a cradle board. It took a lot of work because it was for my daughters coming out ceremony. I made sure I hade a little over a year to prepare for the give away. As you can read, it took alot of time and family craftsmen ship to pull it off. It was fun and great. I think the best part of powwows are the giveaways. Have fun and keep looking. I like the other ideas also. :39: :50:
                  Navy Seabees!!

The only stupid question is the question that is not asked.

Comment

Give-a-ways

My birthday is @ the end of Dec and there's a pow wow... how does the give-a-way work??? I've read a bit about it, but I really wanna make sure I don't miss anyone or give something offensive... Help me!!!!
                    Mitákuye oyásin
                    We are all related

Comment

fabric is always a GOOD idea, get things people actually use. this one time i went to a pow wow and this one family gave out boxes of laundry soap - i guess it was just a sign of the times. towels are always good and socks for the drum - since men don't usually buy them for themselves (can almost bet a million bucks that at least half of them have holes in their socks)
                      Watch your broken dreams...
                      Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

i just had a small giveaway at the beginning of october, and i gave away mugs and decorative plates that had wolves and eagles and things on them, and i gave away strawberry baskets they were small n cute!, and I gave keychains engraved with names.

for another give away we made shawls with applique designs for the women and gave fabric to the men, we gave away some picture frames that my uncle made that had iroquois designs on them, we gave towels, home made pillow sets.

you can pretty much give whatever it is you feel would be good for that person, just think of the people you want to give to when you're deciding on a gift for them.
                        ~*~¤(¯`·._» >The Prettiest People do the Ugliest things <«_.·´¯)¤ ~*~

Comment

Ok so i know this is an old thread.... but oh well. lol I'm also getting things ready for a give away in about a yr and half. I'm thinking about giving away abalone shells (i have family in alaska that can send some) with beaded lighters and sage or sweet grass, my husband makes flutes, and i would do bead work for those, and native base ball hats for guys, earrings for the girls, and havent decided for the kids yet. What do you all think?
                          I am now going to assault your mind with subliminal messages!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparklebeadz
                            Ok so i know this is an old thread.... but oh well. lol I'm also getting things ready for a give away in about a yr and half. I'm thinking about giving away abalone shells (i have family in alaska that can send some) with beaded lighters and sage or sweet grass, my husband makes flutes, and i would do bead work for those, and native base ball hats for guys, earrings for the girls, and havent decided for the kids yet. What do you all think?
                            _

Sparkle,

Wow, those are great gifts.

Around here, powwows are so numerous and the same "popular powwow people" continually serve as head staff, so a lot of gifts (mostly shawls and blankets) get recycled!

I mean .... it is not unusual to get the same shawl you made, twice given in other give-a-ways!
                            Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparklebeadz

yes those are some very nice gifts ( send me some, Ayeee)... personalized from you, hand made.. took your time.. well done.. Good Luk with your give away and have fun...

~~~ Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. ~~~

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X