Fancy shawl Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fancy shawl Video?

I've tried to looking everywhere for a fancy shawl dancing video.But the results are terrible.I found NOTHING.I'd like to bush up on my dancing skills,but cant seem to find anything on the subject. Can anyone tell me the name of a video author or something? Or if one of ya'll has a video maybe I can borrow it or buy it off you & send through mail.I'd really be appreciative and grateful.

Thanks.

Look in powwows.com shopping place..they have a video in there or try crazycrow or nocbay. Hope that helps you out.
    Last edited by NCheyGirl21; 01-17-2005, 02:09 PM.

Comment

yep those^^^ are your best bet but another place to try is allnative.com

Comment

This video is produced by a friend of ours out of Tulsa..They have a whole line of videos that are very good and they are resonably priced..You can check them out at www.fullcir.com It is Full Circle Videos..Hope this helps you!!

Fancy Shawl
        Fancy Shawl Dance combines color and grace with endurance and strength and is one of the newest powwow contest dances.
        Champion dancers at Northern Powwow contests, featuring Straight and Crow Hop steps.
        Beautiful outfits close-up and watch a champion dancer get ready for competition.
        Expert tips on how to choose colors, create designs and sew on fabric and fringe.
        Follow a young champion dancer on the powwow trail as she continues three generations of fancy shawl dancing.
        Rare interviews and footage of the first Fancy Shawl dancers.
        Shot on digital video on location at northern powwows.
        (30 min. VHS format) Order No. T150 $19.95
        OrangePridendnds1
        "What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
        Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator
        ...... everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence.
        Mourning Dove Salish 1888-1936

Comment

ONe of my favs- which i dunno if you can even buy it let alone find it- was the native american dance theatre. It was on pbs like 15 yrs. ago, but man they had a bad a$$ routine on it! Even by today's standards, them ladies would still rock! If anyone knows what im talking bout, or how to purchase one, let me know!

Comment

man dad sells pow wow tapes...... he was the originator so he has tapes on fancy shawl from like 1980's til this year sooo if u want to purchase any message me

Comment

oh yeah fncyshwldncr4lf I know which one your talking about...the one with Lisa Ewalk on it? I have that one on tape. Dont know where you could find one though...guess I'm now help LOL

Comment

im sure youve seen the fancy shawl dvd from the gathering of nations. i did and it was nice. you could get some ideas there
                thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

thanks ya'll .
                  I'll check one of dem ideas.

Comment

Yah I do!

Originally posted by fncyshwldncr4life
                    ONe of my favs- which i dunno if you can even buy it let alone find it- was the native american dance theatre. It was on pbs like 15 yrs. ago, but man they had a bad a$$ routine on it! Even by today's standards, them ladies would still rock! If anyone knows what im talking bout, or how to purchase one, let me know!

Yeah, I know I had the VHS tape and gave it to my mother. I think they have the DVD now. It is awesome. That's where my daughter and I were able to team dance. Nice, video. The one I am writing about is 'Into the Circle'. Hope this helps, too.
                    Navy Seabees!!

The only stupid question is the question that is not asked.

Comment

**which video u guys talking about??..**
                      **Richelle**
                      *Southern Stylz*
                      **Laffy~Taffy**

Comment

It is Native American Dance Theater with the title as 'Into the Circle' Just type it in your search bar and click into the one with both titles in it. It should take you to a video online store. If you need any other help, just email me. canavajo
                        Navy Seabees!!

Comment

Hey check it out, I found their website!!

Comment

Sorry, I guess I should have done what fncyshwldncr4live did but I always think someone should know what I'm thinking. I think to much Physics and Calculus on the brain. canavajo
                            Navy Seabees!!

Comment

Originally posted by fncyshwldncr4life
                              Hey check it out, I found their website!!

http://www.americanindiandancetheatr...Downloads.html
                              Hey I checked that site out..and I didn't see any dowanloads to fancy shawl.hmm.. how come? just women's buckskin,men's fancy,men's fancy 2,men's traditional no fanc and the eagle dance.. no fancy shawl

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X