how do YOU spin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do YOU spin

Just curious to know how yall fancy shawlers do your spins. Do you change your arms or kick while you spin.. or what do you do during honor beats?

*Ceapha
    How u gonna act like my shawl dont bling? How u gonna act like my fringe dont swing?

There's a bunch of ways I spin, and that I've seen my friends do. I spin on one foot and just keep my arms up while i spin, or spin but move my feet kinda like i'm running (makes no sense, lol)...There's one that some friends of mine do that we all call the "Cepa Turn," mainly because CS came up with it. Its where you spin like the kick thing, but have your arms behind your back, right. Then there's where you can like kinda move your arms up and down while spinning, or keep them down so jus tthe bottom of the shawl fans out....hmmmm....if I think of anymore ways my friends and I spin I'll let ya know, hehe;)

Chenna
    TARHEEL BORN, TARHEEL BRED, WHEN I DIE I'LL BE TARHEEL DEAD!

MizzQaqimat's Space

Comment

how do i spin?

<----~like that, j/k:p

there are alot of different ways to spin, the spinning like your running made sense to me
      i probly couldn't even try to describe diff. ways to do it,:D but each spin i try to do diff. throughout the songs.:D
      ~;{(@**fancy_flutterby_dncr~tha' dncr formerly known as *DLBRIGHTEYES*~**@)};~

Comment

hehe:p there was this really cool spin i saw once on this tape...can't remember what tape and can't describe it, lol...i think it was native american men's and womens' dance styles or soemthing....hehe, lot of good this post just did...another pointless statement compliments of Chenoa:p you know all about that don't u quayah....;)

Chenna:p

MizzQaqimat's Space

Comment

I remember one time I was head lady dancer at a powwow so they had me do a fancy shawl dance solo... when I was done, my mum complained that I looked like a hawk when I did my spins... just to explain the reason of my post :) Now I would be the first person to cap on someone about their spins so I was kinda embarrassed. But I know this chick, when she spins she flapps her arms up and down like shes tryin to get some hight or something... or like what really disturbs me is when the chicks spin with one arm in the air and their head down and the other arm kinda behind their back.. what's that?

*Ceapha
          How u gonna act like my shawl dont bling? How u gonna act like my fringe dont swing?

Comment

Chica....definately disturbing, hehe.....we need to quit hatin', what did I tell you about that?? ;) Gurrrrrl....nah wait, lemme stop now, hehe....:p But surrrriously...u musta been out yo zone that one time, lol, cuz I'm like....you cappin peeps, and mess, and then that thang...omg...you scurred me...:p *you make me worry chica*

Chenna:p

MizzQaqimat's Space

Comment

Hey, ChenoaNativeGirl. U know the "Cepa turn" u were talking about? The way u described it sounds like the turn originated by Lisa Ewalk. Maybe I'm wrong and she copied CS.:Thinking

Comment

Cepa Turn

hey chenoanativegirl.. i'm cepa's sister, and i just read the post to her and we're both not sure what spin you're talking about.. it sounds like you combined two of her spins into one... i was sitting here, reading, kinda confused.
                and bllue ocean, Cepa does and has admired the way that Lisa dances. Everyone knows that she (lisa) is a top-knotch fancy shawl dancer.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X