Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show off

Ok.. let me ask all the dancers, Men and women

During competition, have you ever shown off to someone (who is not a judge ;) .) If so why? I've seen some do this, and it drives me crazy. They'll look right into your eyes, and give'er all they got. & I don't know why. I get confused. :p

Flirting with the eyes??????
    This is what my grandma sometimes talked about. Back in the day business.
    ushoo' udish dee'

Comment

You got it, flaunt it!:dancer:
      E

Comment

I'm a rather fluffy old bird, and one time this extremely cute younger man kept catching my eye, oh boy did he! Made this fluffy stuffer wish she were 100 lbs less, and 20 years younger .... even out of the circle he came up to me, and half flirted with me! I asked him if he were dared by his friends, and he laughed and said no, he really liked the way I presented myself more than some of the other ladies, he said my nose wasn't so far up in the air I couldn's see where I was walking, so what did I do? Introduced him to my daughter ...... sigh even my husband laughed, I don't try to pick them up, they are still trying to pick ME up!!!!!!!!
        Your Heart Shows by how Your Words and Actions Affect Others.

Nah I ain't NO WANNABE! I don't gotta wannabe when people wannabe like me!

Comment

Okay, how is it that we all have become tiny tot dancers????
          LOL:D
          ushoo' udish dee'

Comment

LOL :Chatter I thought I was in women's... Man.. Next pow wow I guess i'm gonna have to go into Tiny Tot's.. LOL :D I'll be the only adult there without a kid LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_apache_onion
              :bouncy: haven't been here in a while, i just noticed too, when i came in, :dontknow:
              this is soo kewl, I like it.
              I'M A TEEN AGAIN, snaggin time, without gettin tired after the first round of the arbor, :Naughty
              now i can make endless rounds and rounds and rounds and rounds, checkin out that cute grass dncr w/the loooong braids, :38: LOL

p.s. ~am guilty of doing that, hahaha,(only it wasn't in competition) ~ my ex kept watching me from his drum so just when i got in front of him (i didn't look right at him, but seen him watching, out the corner of my eye) and pulled out the coolest moves i knew, then went on in the intertribal like nothing happened,~like just barely dancing to the song~warming up:Angel:
              later on we hooked up one last time and he admitted watching me, and he just knew i just did that in front of him, told him he was just dreaming(shhhhhh) LOL
              Last edited by DLBRIGHTEYES; 08-23-2002, 11:24 PM.
              ~;{(@**fancy_flutterby_dncr~tha' dncr formerly known as *DLBRIGHTEYES*~**@)};~

Comment

I've noticed the title changes, too.
                Tiny Tot Dancer = former "Junior Member"
                Teen Dancer = former "Member"
                Senior Dancer = former "Senior Member"
                Powwow Committee = former "Moderator"
                etc. OK, what's Webbie, the "Arena Director"?

OK, back to the subject at hand, isn't showing off kind of what the Fancy category is all about?
                "Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
                Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

Comment

Powwow Director..... would you really want the title of Master of Ceremonies on this site?
                  This is life, and I'm lovin it!

Comment

I do it. I show off, heh. But that's what fancy dancers are supposed to do. It's our obligation *L*. The thing is with me, I'll be dancing an intertribal and you can see I'm dead tired, the sweat dripping off my forehead and my plumes drooping but once I make my round back to the arbor... :Naughty I bust out my moves. Sometimes I'll put on my own little show for them. It's juss something about them drummers man....

*Ceapha
                    How u gonna act like my shawl dont bling? How u gonna act like my fringe dont swing?

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_apache_onion
                      I KNOW FOR SURE I HAVEN'T BEEN A TINY TOT IN ABOUT 17 YRS:D

Comment

all i know is i show off all the time -
                        in the arena, out of it, in outfit, in normal clothes...ALWAYS:)
                        its just the way i am, which is probably why fancy dancing apealed to me :)
                        and of course i flirt, what's better than women in fancy shawl outfits???
                        all real men have both bustles

Comment

LOL alright.. If ya got it, flaunt it hey? :Chatter

Comment

Okay. I'm a southern cloth dancer and even though I don't move as much as fancy dancers, but I do the same thing. There is always a feeling of showing off and wanting to show you really enjoy what your doing. On the other hand, there is always the certain someone that catches your eye. You know your dancing to catch their eye. No harm done. After all whats wrong with showing off and flirting???;)

Comment

absolutly nothing if you don't abuse your power
                              ushoo' udish dee'

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X